Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 12/19/17: MyFitnessPal/Fitbit syncing issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 12/19/2017: This issue is now resolved and you should be able to successfully sync your Fitbit/MFP accounts once again.

I am closing this thread but if the issue pops back up, I ask that you please create a new thread and reference this for a description of the issue. Thank you for your reports and continued patience.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 9.14.12 AM.png

Fitbit Update 12/18/2017: Some MyFitnessPal users have reported that they're experiencing issues with syncing their Fitbit information over to MFP.

MyFitnessPal is aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Please follow their article for updates here. I will also make sure to keep this thread updated with any new information.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
216 REPLIES 216

mine hasn't worked since Sunday either. can you ell me how to disconnect from the fitbit app? i have an HR2 now and can't figure it out. i was able to do it on my charge

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you read the main thread on this in the third party app board. I suggest you subscribe. 

Your going to have to wait for MFP to fix the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine isn't working either. I rely on them talking to each other! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just chatted with someone from Fitbit and they said its an unexpected behavior and they are working on getting it fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive been having the same problem from 17/12/17 neither app syncing with each other.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It sure would be nice if MFP sent out an email to all its users when this type of issue arises.  I've been racking my brain and skills to try to figure it out.  A waste of time and doesn't burn any calories to boot!  Please consider informing everyone when it is back up and running.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thenapp my fitness pal where I log my food and the Fitbit app do not sync anymore. It used to work fine a few days ago and I have already looked for answers in other treads and revoke the access and unlinked and linked them again but it is still not working ? Would love any suggestions!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received the charge 2 and for some reason it has stopped syncing with my fitnesspal app. When I had the charge it was not a problem now it won’t sync. Any suggestions or help. I use both apps for health and fitness. 

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Fozzy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Steve

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a problem on MFP's end. There are dozens of threads from people in a panic over on MyFitnessPal.

Here's one of them with some info:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10623304/fit-bit-sync-issue/p1

Best Answer

The same thing is happening to me. I received a replacement Fitbit charge 2  the other day and now myfitnesspal will not sync.I have tried to disconnect and reconnect to the apps but it has not worked.

Edit:

opps sorry just seen the link above. Thanks for the info!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried repeatedly to logout of the apps and on websites for both Fitbit and MyFitnessPal. I have repeatedly tried to disconnect the two apps and then reconnect them. I have tried to force a sync between them and nothing works. Anyone have any idea? My Fitbit steps stopped syncing to MyFitnessPal as of yesterday morning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Disconnecting and Reconnecting will not solve the problem, and will cause a backlog/delays when MFP and fitbit is back up and running.

As infuriating as it is, we will all have to wait til MFP fixes the issue...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. Needs to be sorted ASAP

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's the official statement from MFP:

Service went down overnight, affecting sync.
Sunday, 12/17/2017, 9:45 AM PST

Hello,

Sorry for any recent issues with accessing the food database or syncing. We had a service outage overnight which affected our site and app as well as syncing with our integration partners. While the MyFitnessPal website and app are back up, the fitbit integration is still down. We will do what we can to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available. Please check back for further updates.

Best,
Logan
MyFitnessPal Staff

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pretty much the same story here, stopped synching yesterday so I reinstalled both fitbit and MFP.  I also have synch solver and it reports this problem  "Fitbit not available, try again later (500)"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped syncing yesterday too. I tried everything but deleting and redownloading the apps...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info. I was going nuts thinking it was just me! Hope they fix it soon. 🙃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for all of that helpful info!  I’m still trying to figure this Charge thing out so... do you think this would also cause the lack of “chatter” on the device as well?

Best Answer
0 Votes