Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 12/19/17: MyFitnessPal/Fitbit syncing issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 12/19/2017: This issue is now resolved and you should be able to successfully sync your Fitbit/MFP accounts once again.

I am closing this thread but if the issue pops back up, I ask that you please create a new thread and reference this for a description of the issue. Thank you for your reports and continued patience.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 9.14.12 AM.png

Fitbit Update 12/18/2017: Some MyFitnessPal users have reported that they're experiencing issues with syncing their Fitbit information over to MFP.

MyFitnessPal is aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Please follow their article for updates here. I will also make sure to keep this thread updated with any new information.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
216 REPLIES 216

I just started having the same problem also.  A clue might be that my iPhone updated the IOS this morning.  I went online to my Fitbit settings and revoked access to MyFitnessPal in an effort to then re-allow access, but MyFitnessPal app never recognized it and continued to say it was connected to Fitbit even though access has been revoked.  I've tried everything I can think of, including uninstalling/reinstalling both the Fitbit app and the MyFitnessPal app on my iPhone.  After doing all of that, the MyFitnessPal app still says it is connected to the Fitbit app, it won't disconnect when I tell it to disconnect within the MyFitnessPal app, and syncing both apps results in no data being exchanged between them.

Best Answer

Thank you im not crazy lol!!! I always have to use laptop very inconvenient when i can use my phone

Best Answer

Hi all, I have done a ton of searching about MFP and fitbit syncing. My issue or what I face is that the food content I enter into MFP only comes over into Fitbit at some point in the middle of the night.  For example I have synced mfp online and through the app and synced the fitbit app yet online and through the fitbit app, it's empty.  Is this normal? Should it sync once every 24 hours? Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue I have a iPhone 6s Plus and it won’t sink to MyFitnessPal I have in installed both apps in linked bot apps and reliables the apps and they won’t work. I have also hard restarted my phone 10 times and soft restarted my phone 10 time. It’s driving me crazy I feel like throwing my phone across the room

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue. Steps stopped syncing from FB to MFP. If happened all of a sudden, too. It was working fine yesterday- and for the last few months until then.

i did do a software update two days ago, so I wonder if that had anything to do with it. I updated both apps as well. It worked fine for 24-48 hours after. 

Any idea as to Yo how to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. MyFitness Pal is not reading the Fitbit steps or other info. This was working fine yesterday but hasn't worked at all most of the day today. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting several times. I think there is a glitch on MFP or Fitbit's end. Can someone please help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i'm having the same issue. happened about 24 hours ago now (paused at around 8k steps - i went on to get 19k for the day).

no matter how many times i disconnect, logout, reset etc. it isn't registering any steps on myfitnesspal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine not syncing either. Updated iOS on iPhone 8 Plus Friday and nothing since then. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same sync issue with FItbit and MFP. As others have stated, i have revoked and unlinked the apps. Nothing has worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

MFP won’t sync with fitbit. It worked before but now it’s stopped. I’ve unlinked and relinked the accounts but it still won’t sync! So frustrating! 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer

I have been having the same issue today. I tried advice from moderators in these forums, but no luck yet. 

Best Answer

Same issue here. Have restarted, revoked access, disconnected--reconnected to no avail 😞

Best Answer

Same thing here. Steps do not sync with MyFitnessPal and cal from MFP do not sync with FB as of today..

Best Answer

Same issues here! Disconnected MFP and FB from each other, then reconnected. Issue didn’t resolve.

Best Answer

Hello

i have the same problem since iOS update yesterday 

Sense / 3x IONIC / Charge2 / Fitbit-Flyer / Aria 2 / Aria 1 // App auf iPhone 12 ProMax
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

Also been having this issue today, not syncing back and forth. Any help would be great but it looks like MFP is just having some issues

Best Answer

Same problem for me with an iPhone 6 Plus. Hasn’t synced with MFP since Sunday, before the last iOS update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @paul86, nothing I found helped so your reply was a relief! At least now I know that it's being worked on and I didn't do anything wrong when trying the fixing solutions.

Best Answer

Same issue from yesterday, tried everything they said here and no luck.

Best Answer