Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 12/19/17: MyFitnessPal/Fitbit syncing issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 12/19/2017: This issue is now resolved and you should be able to successfully sync your Fitbit/MFP accounts once again.

I am closing this thread but if the issue pops back up, I ask that you please create a new thread and reference this for a description of the issue. Thank you for your reports and continued patience.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 9.14.12 AM.png

Fitbit Update 12/18/2017: Some MyFitnessPal users have reported that they're experiencing issues with syncing their Fitbit information over to MFP.

MyFitnessPal is aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Please follow their article for updates here. I will also make sure to keep this thread updated with any new information.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
216 REPLIES 216

I’ve just set up my Fitbit and MyFitnessPal and it’s not syncing either. Hopefully will be sorted soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi yesterday the 17th Fitbit stopped syncing with MFP food part, Its been fine until yesterday, I have done nothing to change this, Was there an update yesterday? Its not the app as its not synced on the pc dashboard either so looks like some problem with the link. Any help would be appreciated thanks steve

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like there is a problem at the myfitnesspal side. See this thread for more details:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Apps-Integrations/MyFitnessPal-and-Fitbit/m-p/2352528#M1...

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems there is a problem on the MFP end. See the following thread for more information:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Apps-Integrations/MyFitnessPal-and-Fitbit/m-p/2352528#M1...

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the MFP problem is just yesterday and today, they had a melt down last night and the link tp Fitbit is not up and running. Contact them if it continues.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for this link! The issue was really starting to bug me, but now at least I know it's just a matter of time before it gets fixed. The issue started yesterday and still hasn't gotten fixed but...hopefully soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is always connected to my fitness pal, every now and then it disconnects and doesn’t do the calorie adjustment. I usually disconnect them both and reconnect them but this isn’t working. What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
its a problem with my fitness pal---its on their issues log they are trying
to fix it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the new iso update last night. The Fitbit and MyFitnessPal won’t sync. Is it fixable?

ive deleted both and reinstalled and did all the usual troubleshooting. Noting works anymore. My ocd is kicking in big time.

Best Answer

It seems there is a problem at the MFP side. See the following thread for more information:

Best Answer

There seems to be a problem on the MyFitnessPal side at the moment that preventing syncing. See the following thread for more information:

Best Answer

Mine too, on iPhone 7

Best Answer

I am also having the Sam issue. Thought it may have been an issue my end. Hope this issue gets resolved soon 

Best Answer

Mine isn’t syncing with my fitness pal either . Very frustrating.😞

Best Answer

Hello,

Sorry for any recent issues with accessing the food database or syncing. We had a service outage overnight which affected our site and app as well as syncing with our integration partners. While the MyFitnessPal website and app are back up, the fitbit integration is still down. We will do what we can to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available. Please check back for further updates.

Best,
Logan
MyFitnessPal Staff

Best Answer

Hi

Can anyone provide any more advice? I have unsynced the accounts, logged in and out etc It shows the Fitbit but does not show my steps.  

Thanks

Best Answer

Searched around to see if this was a bug but did not get any synch either way between the 2 applications yesterday. I unlinked Fitbit this morning from MFP and relinked. Is there an issue with the sites talking to each other? Both appear to be working normally and I could not find any other topics.

thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been having the same problem since yesterday. 

Have tried all preliminary steps- multiple times, to no avail.

As the problem only starting yesterday morning, I am hoping it is a back end issue with MFP which will be resolved shortly. Hoping.

Best Answer