Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 12/19/17: MyFitnessPal/Fitbit syncing issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 12/19/2017: This issue is now resolved and you should be able to successfully sync your Fitbit/MFP accounts once again.

I am closing this thread but if the issue pops back up, I ask that you please create a new thread and reference this for a description of the issue. Thank you for your reports and continued patience.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 9.14.12 AM.png

Fitbit Update 12/18/2017: Some MyFitnessPal users have reported that they're experiencing issues with syncing their Fitbit information over to MFP.

MyFitnessPal is aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Please follow their article for updates here. I will also make sure to keep this thread updated with any new information.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
216 REPLIES 216

I have checked the forums and followed all tips and resolution but for the last two days my Fitbit app has not been able to sync with my fitness pal. I have revoked access reconnected both apps and still nothing, is there something going on... it’s been working for the last two years just fine

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been using Fitbit Blaze linked to MFP for around 10 months.  During this time, I’ve noticed that real time syncing has stopping working on at least 4 occasions. The problem seems to last anything from a few hours to a few days but, to date, has been rectified without data loss... hope this helps reassure - and save all the wasted efforts in re-boots; stopping links; re-installing yada yada... 

Best Answer

Thanks! I'll keep checking for updates. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There seems to be a problem at the MyFitnessPal end causing these problems. See the following thread for more details:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Apps-Integrations/MyFitnessPal-and-Fitbit/td-p/2352115

Best Answer

You may have missed the following thread. Seems there is an ongoing problem at the MyfitnessPal end at the moment:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Apps-Integrations/MyFitnessPal-and-Fitbit/td-p/2352115

Best Answer

There seems to be an ongoing problem at the MFP end at the moment. See the following thread for more details:

Best Answer
Yup I tryed that also and had the same results 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have always logged my food with my fitness app and as of yesterday...nothing syncs.  All updates are current.  Very frustrated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fozzy71 wrote:

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2909540-service-went-down-overnight-affect...

Thank you, Fozzy71! I had tried relinking the accounts multiple times thinking it was an issue with my iPhone, but it sounds like we just need to wait for MFP to sort it out!

Best Answer
Same here .. I've logged for the last 18 months with no problems. I even
tryed to delete and download the apps. But it didn't work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine wasn't syncing before this MFP issue, i can't seem to find a solution even though I've tried everything fitbit and MFP told me to do!

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything!! My fitness pal is not syncing with my new Fitbit Ionic. This happened a couple times with my Charge2, but was always able to fix. This is the third time this has happened since having my new Ionic (2 weeks) and I cannot get it to sync. Please help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

There seems to be an ongoing problem at the MyFitnessPal end that's stopping syncing. Have a look at this thread that has more details:

Best Answer

Do you know when it is likely to be back up and running? Keen to know what I can have for dinner! 😛

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.  I have linked my MFP and Fitbit apps and everything was working fine until yesterday (12/17).  The food I log on MFP no longer syncs with my Fitbit.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled both apps on my phone (Iphone 8+).  I have revoked access to MFP.  I have disconnected and reconnected MFP to Fitbit.  I powered off and restarted my phone.  I'm not sure what else I can do to get this to work again.  Has anyone else had this problem and were you able to correct it?

Best Answer

Hi. I have been having the same issue since yesterday. it uploads the steps but it is not syncing with myfitnesspal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

fab! thank you for this. hopefully it will resolved soon 

Best Answer
0 Votes

some here. was working fine for years and stopped synchronizing yesterday. I've tried all the solutions (log in/out, revoke/grant access, disconnect/reconnect accounts) but nothing fix the problem so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes