Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 12/19/17: MyFitnessPal/Fitbit syncing issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 12/19/2017: This issue is now resolved and you should be able to successfully sync your Fitbit/MFP accounts once again.

I am closing this thread but if the issue pops back up, I ask that you please create a new thread and reference this for a description of the issue. Thank you for your reports and continued patience.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 9.14.12 AM.png

Fitbit Update 12/18/2017: Some MyFitnessPal users have reported that they're experiencing issues with syncing their Fitbit information over to MFP.

MyFitnessPal is aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Please follow their article for updates here. I will also make sure to keep this thread updated with any new information.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
216 REPLIES 216

Mine has not synced in months. I uninstall and re-install the app, un-pair and re-pair my Fitbit multiple times, I even thought it was a problem with my Charge HR so traded it in for an Alta HR and still have problems. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TamaraMH

Nothing to do, at the moment. MFP is experiencing a problem and they're working to correct it. Once it's working again, it should sync as normal. No ETA on when they'll have it working though. And they ask that we do not disconnect and reconnect as it will load their server down.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2909540-service-went-down-overnight-affect...

Best Answer

My Fitbit app and My Fitness Pal have been syncing for years and starting yesterday they stopped talking to each other. They are not syncing either direction.  I have revoked access for My Fitness Pal and reconnected them.  I have shut down both apps multiple times and I have restarted my phone several times.  Nothing is working to get them talking again.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Best Answer

Unfortunately I don't have any answers to help but I currently have exactly the same problem. This is more to let you know your not alone.  This problem first started yesterday and after trying all the usual steps, reset the watch, disconnected and reconnected to the apps etc nothing has fixed the problem  I too hope someone can help.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. 

Best Answer

Same problem here. It didn't sync yesterday, not today either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue and have been trying all the same things you did all day.   I did not log in my food yesterday so only noticed it today but both days won’t sync in either direction between apps and only since yesterday. 

Best Answer

Same here, as of this morning.  I will admit, I haven't tried all the reboot steps because I see others have tried and failed, so I'm hoping Fitbit will come to our rescue soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too! That's why I'm on the forums now.

It's worked perfectly since I got it in Sept but stopped late Saturday. I've done all the usual things suggested (uninstall/turn everything off/restart fitbit etc etc) done them all a couple of times at least but nothing.

The service update page says ios is working fine and so there dont seem to be any reported issues with iphones.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too!!!

at sometime around yesterday afternoon my steps stopped syncing with mfp. 

Good to know I’m not alone. 

I’ve followed all the usual steps to fix this to no avail. 

Hope it’s fixed soon 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue — as is everyone else.  I have also done the login / logout dance. This has happened more than once before and I’m starting to get aggravated. 

Best Answer

I am having problems with MFP and fitbit not talking still...is there still no resolution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this same problem. It's not synchronising meals from last week either...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine has also not been syncing!! It's seriously throwing everything off for me! I religiously use these two apps for my weight-loss journey, and I really would love for this issue to be resolved ASAP! I tried to disconnect them, and reconnect. I have restarted my phone, I have done everything that people recommend online, and none of it it working. Very upset!
Best Answer

Me too, I just hope we can go back to the un-synced days and rectify them, just for my ocd’s sake! 😄

Best Answer
They just announced on Facebook that they are working on a syncing issue.

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve also had the same problem. Disconnected from my phone and computer. Uninstalled both from my iPhone and nothing is helping. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. It has to be something on their end as many of us are having the same issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened in the past and they have always been good about fixing it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also experiencing the same thing - does anyone have a solution to this?? 

Best Answer

Haven't had a connection since early Sunday. Hope someone from Fibit is monitoring these problems and is in the process of fixing them.

Best Answer
0 Votes