Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED - MFP Scheduled Maintenance on 3/30/18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/09/2018: MyFitnessPal has completed their scheduled maintenance. If you're still experiencing issues, I recommend reaching out to MyFitnessPal Support.

I am closing this thread as the scheduled maintenance has been completed. Thanks for your patience.

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 9.17.43 AM.png

Fitbit Update 03/30/2018: Hi everyone -- Starting in the afternoon of Fri, 3/30, MyFitnessPal started some scheduled maintenance with the Fitbit integration, which may have caused an interruption in service.

There has been a delay in the completion of their maintenance until this week. Thanks for your patience.

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 9.44.49 AM.png

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

Thank you. It would have been nice if Fitbit had sent out a blanket email to their users. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I looked at their forums after not finding anything here. I suspect the maintenance is due to their data breach. You can check the news outlets on that part. I expect service will take another day or two to be restored fully. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have reset both the Fitbit app and MFP app, physically reset my Fitbit band on the charger, revoked third party access on the Fitbit app to MFP and then granted it again, and reconnected the apps together, but my steps will not sync from Fitbit to MFP.  I do not know what to do next.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Either way, thanks for the info! Now I know where to look next time! 🙂

Best Answer

I've been having the same problems today.   If i disconnect the fitbit app in the MFP, from a browser and not the app, then reconnect in the same session,  then my fitbit data will sync.   However,  this sync only happens once.   It won't keep syncing on its own.   I have to go through entire process again to update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I’ve tried all these things. Have uninstalled and reinstalled both apps as well.

Two things happened yesterday: I had to change my MFP password b/o their data breach. Also, Fitbit sent me a new update that automatically came yesterday.

Both apps are working well independently of each other, but they are just not syncing.

ARM
Allan Macdonald
Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a posting on the MFP web site that explians that they are having problems and it is being worked on :

unday, April 1, 2018, 1:51pm PST

Hello,

Starting in the afternoon of Fri, 3/30, we started some scheduled maintenance on our integration with Fitbit. We have since identified an issue that will delay the completion of the maintenance until next week, in the mean time, we have resumed our processors, for sync to resume.  

We have worked through the backlog of sync requests, but there will still be intermittent sync  delays and/or interruptions until maintenance is completed.  

We do not recommend unlinking and relinking the integration, as it will not resolve the issue, and will further increase the backlog of sync requests, and take longer for sync to resume as normal.

We will update this article once we are confident sync has returned to normal.

Thanks for your patience!

Best,

MyFitnessPal Staff

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried that and it did not work.  I am wondering if I need to purchase a new Fitbit considering mine is older.  I have read about some not syncing because of the age of the Fitbit and the fact that it could be getting worn out.  I was thinking that I would wait a week to see if anything changes, and if nothing does, I will most likely look into getting a newer Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a newer Fitbit and I am having the same problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

about 3 days ago it would loose its sync and then this afternoon it stopped all together!  it also stopped connecting to MFP about 2 days ago - Woman Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

There’s a problem following a MFP update and they’re trying to fix it, don’t buy a new Fitbit, there’s probably nothing wrong with it

Best Answer

Explanation here: https://t.co/XgLmDyxqAL

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since I had to change my password on my fitness pal a couple days ago I haven't been able to get my active minutes to sync over from my fit bit app to the my fitness pal app. The food I log on the my fitness pal app is still syncing over to my fit bit app but thats it. I have disconnected from both, reconnected to both,  restarted my phone, made sure I was updated to the latest IOS version and they still won't sync. I also made sure to go into my fit bit account and revoke access on my fitness pal and then I tried to reconnect again but it still didn't work. Im not sure what else I can do, please help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here!

Best Answer
0 Votes

MyFitnessPal stopped working when I changed my password.  I've updated and verified my login from MyFitnessPal to the Fitbit App but it still won't sync.  Was any action taken by Fitbit as a result of the data breach of MyFitnessPal?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too! So frustrating!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update 03/30/2018: Hi everyone -- Starting in the afternoon of Fri, 3/30, MyFitnessPal started some scheduled maintenance with the Fitbit integration, which may have caused an interruption in your service.

There has been a delay in the completion of their maintenance until this week. Thanks for your patience.

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 9.44.49 AM.png

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Fitbit synced with MFP for half a day yesterday, and stopped again today, Android phone and one tracker, which i am disgusted to hear is discontinued. The moderators must not be passing along all the complaints seen here. And the one was never marketed correctly as an alterative for people who CANT wear something on wrist. And there are MANY!  TERRIBLE!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes