Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Unable to link with Facebook - 3/31/16

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

4/7 Update: This should now be resolved, and Facebook integration should now be working normally. If you are still having trouble, please consult this help article for tips on connecting with your Facebook friends. Thanks everyone for your patience while we worked to correct this issue!

4/6 Update: We have a fix in place which will resolve this issue, and it is being prepared to roll out into production. I'll post again once that happens, but it shouldn't be long!

We are aware of an issue preventing Fitbit users from linking with their Facebook accounts, and producing the following error. This may also prevent users from searching for friends via Facebook if their accounts are already linked.

error.PNG

Our team is currently investigating this issue, and we're working to return this functionality to normal behavior. If you see this error, please note that there is nothing wrong with your tracker itself. We'll post another update here as soon as we have news regarding a resolution.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience!

Best Answer
380 REPLIES 380

In my case, there is no Facebook on that page.

Best Answer

Same issue here - following for updates.

Best Answer
I have been getting the exact same messages as well. This is particularly frustrating because my friends that already have Fitbits were the ones that talked me into getting one so we could have some friendly competition. I tried for hours last night to get Fitbit to connect to Facebook. I hope it's fixed soon. Pretty sad that there are 500 million games on Facebook that have no problem sending a request and annoying you to death but getting your fitness app to connect to Facebook to post how many steps you took today is next to impossible.
Best Answer
Yeah that revoke access trick isn't going to work for us. We can't even get access to even think about revoking it.
Best Answer

picked up my fitbit alta yesterday...

...same issues, on the ios app and the website...it just wont connect Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue--I can sync it with facebook and it will show as an ap in fb, but then it says "Can't link accounts. One of these accounts is already linked." It also never shows in the fitbit permissions section so I can't unlink it there. I've tried deleting it from facebook and re-syncing it, but the same thing keeps happening.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would be great if a moderator could move this Topic out of the Blaze sub-folder, since it's not related only to the Blaze device, but all.

Also, a little update to know what's going on about it would be nice.

Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I have been getting the same message.  Same issues on both mobile and computer.  For the last hour I have been in contact with online Fitbit chat only to be advised they are referring me to technical area and it may take time.  I am using an iPhone 6, is your phone the same?

@Mirrabella wrote:

Having the exact same problem.

Had my Charge for about a year and everything was set up fine. Stopped using it around christmas time and decided to charge it back up last night.

On downloading the app onto my phone and logging in. I try to search for friends on facebook and I get the message

"Cant link accounts: One of these accounts is already linked"

I have logged on to the dashboard on my laptop via my email address and checked the applications and facebook is not there. I've then tried logging out and logging back in using facebook however I then get the message

"Oops, it looks like your facebook session has ended. Please ensure youre still signed in to Facebook and try again"

however I am logged in to facebook.

If I delete the fitbit app from Facebook and try to log in, it goes onto facebook asks my permission I accept, takes me back to the log in page and shows that message again.

Come on Fitbit help us get this sorted. I've spent hours trying to fix this this morning. I have people asking me about fitbit alot and I've always gave a good review. So much so Im considering upgrading but not if this is the problems I'm going to encounter.

Best Answer

Same issue with me.

My husband and I just got our Blaze's last night, I am on an iPhone and he is on an Android, and neither of us can sync with FB. We have both revoked access, signed in and out, etc and still get the same error message. What a disappointment (>.<)

Best Answer

No I'm using Samsung S6.

So frustrating as I have friends I know have fitbit and want to connect with them.

Would have thought someone would have replied to us on this by now.

Spoiler

@jodiek wrote:

I have been getting the same message.  Same issues on both mobile and computer.  For the last hour I have been in contact with online Fitbit chat only to be advised they are referring me to technical area and it may take time.  I am using an iPhone 6, is your phone the same?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @m0e! It's great to have you in the Fitbit Community! Hmm this is pretty weird try logging out from your Dashboard then log back then go to your Apps and try to link it again. 

Let me know how it goes!

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue as described here.

Disappointing this was my out of the box experience.

Following for updates.

Best Answer

Same here! No bueno . . . fitbit please help us!

Best Answer

i just bought the charge hr last night.. cannot link to facebook.. tried everything and nothing works.. not even sure if the email part works either.. im so frustrated.. i have people to connect with

Best Answer

Set up my fitbit account this week. Went to add (find) frineds yesterday. Did contacts first and that worked fine. Went to Facebook (in app) and got the message, "Can't link accounts. One of these accounts is already linked." They aren't and there is nothing of fitbit in my Facebook apps. On the website from the Dashboard I tried the Find your friends Connect Facebook link. Getting, "Unable to link your Facebook and Fitbit accounts together. Please try again later." 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the Fitbit Zip and i'm having the same issue. It's crazy that I can't access Facebook friends? Really Fitbit?

For use of trying to fix the issue:

I have an Iphone 6, newest version of the app, and I can't connect to facebook either on the app or on fitbit.com/dashboard

Best Answer

Now it just says unable to connect at this time and to try again later. It's said that for a long time now. When I signed out I tried signing back in through facebook but it wouldn't let me do that either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Blaze, and same issue it will not connect to Facebook, I have tried all the tips and tricks listed......nothing works. This is very upsetting and thinking of returning it:(

Best Answer
Samsung galaxy S4 here, but I don't think the phones matter much since it gives the same error on the web dashboard
Best Answer

Thanks, everyone!

We're investigating this for you all Robot Happy More information to come. 

Please sit tight!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
0 Votes