Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bike rides are duplicating in my Fitbit charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

@Cassanora  I don't use Strava, but I some other users have said that it can duplicate data.  Here is a link to disconnect it:  How to remove the connection with Strava  Note in advance -- you have to do this on the web fitbit.com, not the phone app.

As for the "Jogger" under your name, that is a ranking in the community based on the number of posts you make.  It has nothing to do with your favorite activity.  All of the categories are pretty much step based activities.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I'm surprised you got strava to sync directly with fitbit. I can't get mine to sync at all what so ever.

Tell's me it's allowed to sync and share data but doesn't import it from strava.

and yes I have already disconnected and reconnect several times as per the online help pages. It did not resolve the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lol! Thanks for the help! I'll try it at home tonight!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AaronDunphy for info on how to link the two accounts, and what will sync between the accounts see https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Third-Party-Apps-Informational-Post/m-p/144...

@Cassanora another option would be to only use one method to record tye walk/run. Just a note, what Strava sends gets recorded as a manualy added exercise.

If you sync the Fitbit, before stopping a GPS recorded activity,  Strava will get your Heart Rate.durring the event.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I revoked access LZeeW - I think that'll do it - thank you!

@LZeeW wrote:

@Cassanora  I don't use Strava, but I some other users have said that it can duplicate data.  Here is a link to disconnect it:  How to remove the connection with Strava  Note in advance -- you have to do this on the web fitbit.com, not the phone app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue I have already said I knew how to link the two apps correctly. Unfortunately your advice is unhelpful and disregards the fact I know what I am doing as I had stated.

I was already aware that fitbit will pull recorded data from strava into it and flag it as a manual activity. What I am saying is that fitbit for me does not pull in this data even though it is logged in strava correctly and linked correctly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AaronDunphy wrote:

I'm surprised you got strava to sync directly with fitbit. I can't get mine to sync at all what so ever.

@AaronDunphy wrote:

Sorry @AaronDunphy it was not obvious from yoir post that you had the two accounts connected.

Therefore i posted a link to the instructions to link the accounts.

@AaronDunphy wrote:

Tell's me it's allowed to sync and share data but doesn't import it from strava.

I also put a link to what syncs between Fitbit and Strava. This is the reason for the duplicate events that this thread is about.

Strava will take your Fitbit recorded events and will also send your Strava recorded events to Fitbit.

Fitbit never pulls any data from any third party. Fitbit provides the API, think of this as a doorway, and lets the third party retrieve or place what they want to from/into your account.

As stated in the Third Party FAQ, pinned thread in this forum. If your still having problems please contact the third party, they are responsible for their own connection. 

Thrrefore if it is still not working please contact Strava

Fitbit can not help here other than to tell you to disconnect and try again. This usually does work

Best Answer