Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording on strava and not using fitbit's tracking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi, I tend to do a lot of very long runs, and having my Versa doing connected GPS runs down the battery well before I finish. I know that if I just track the run on strava, I am able to complete it and not have my battery die. So my question is if I am just wearing the fitbit and not using it to track the run, will my steps and miles be double counted after I end the run on strava and everything syncs?
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @vfescott.

I'd like to answer your question.

Given that activities from Strava are logged into Fitbit as manually logged activities then the steps would not be double counted. The manually logged activities will overwrite the steps the Fitbit tracked during that time.

Hope this clarifies the situation. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Forums @vfescott.

I'd like to answer your question.

Given that activities from Strava are logged into Fitbit as manually logged activities then the steps would not be double counted. The manually logged activities will overwrite the steps the Fitbit tracked during that time.

Hope this clarifies the situation. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes