Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove FIT UHC (United Healthcare Motion) off my Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried everything to remove United Healthcare off my Charge 2.  I revoked the access off the applications tab.  I've tried going to the Menu Items and turn it off but it keeps turning back on (both website and app)  I've factory reset the Charge and it's like a bad cold, it just keeps coming back.  Is there anyone that was successful and removing this off?  We switched healthcare providers and I don't need this any more.  I've tried login into the United Healthcare FIT site as well to remove it but does not show that I have an active account.  I would love to get this off of my account so I can bring back my step counter goals per hour, FIT UHC replaces the Steps Per Hour goal with their own.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

Has this ever been resolved? Or do we need to just live with not being able to remove this app? 

Best Answer

Hello @RobertoME, it's been almost 4 months. Is there any news on your end? I'm sure there are still many of us experiencing this issue and "we'll be in contact" just isn't good enough.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't believe that Fitbit and UHC can't find a way to fix this... I had all but given up, and then found this thread, and now I'm ready to give up again. If I get a Charge 3 soon one of the main reasons will be this 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sadness
This is like signing up for the do not call registry and still getting phone calls.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello everyone.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter.

At this moment we do not have anything to announce on the matter. As soon as we do, we will be letting everyone know.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions you might have.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay everyone, I may have a possible solution. It worked for me, but it seems other have not been so lucky.

About a week ago, I contacted Fitbit Support via their online chat system. The representative tried to help me, but to no avail. His suggestion was to contact UHC about this issue. So I went over to the UHC Motion contact page found here. I filled out the form and sent it off. Within a few days, I had a message from Fitbit Support telling me they had manually removed the FIT screen from my Fitbit and yhat it should disappear after a sync. And, just like they said, it was gone after a sync.

So, quick steps to (hopefully) remove this screen:

1. Contact Fitbit support

2. Contact UHC Motion

3. Let the magic happnh behind the scenes.

4. Profit

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

Hello @jabocg.

Thanks for taking the time to share what you did. 

Let's see if other users give it a try and they have the same results. If anyone does give this a shot please keep us posted on how it goes.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the link to UHC and after filling out the form got the error below.  I've tried off and on for the last 3 weeks with the same result. 

Guess they really don't want you to remove the app.

-------

Error. Our website is currently offline and temporarily unavailable. Thanks for visiting the site and for understanding. Please check back.

Best Answer
0 Votes
At this point you are better off to put it in the trash, and start over.
Thank you united healthcare for giving us a virus. 🦠

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I was having this same issue even after purchasing a new Charge. I found this thread, clicked on the UHC above and successfully submitted a request.  I heard back from someone within 2 hours who said I needed to call them because they didn’t have an end date in file for when I cancelled my UHC account.  I called and explained the issue, they said they would expedite the issue and I would head back in 3-5 business days.  I noticed this morning that the app is completely gone from my account. Success!

Best Answer

What link did you use?  I continue to get the error when I submit the contact form.

Error. Our website is currently offline and temporarily unavailable. Thanks for visiting the site and for understanding. Please check back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On 1/1/20 I will be with a new HCP and so I went to remove UHC from my FitBit and then I found this lovely thread. Looks like I'm not the only one with the "UHC FitBit Virus."

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://www.unitedhealthcaremotion.com/Home/ContactUs

This is the link that I used to start the process that successfully removed the UHC app from my Charge 3.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I filled out the form so we'll see what happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck!  I heard from someone very quickly via email, was required to follow-up with a phone call and was able to remove the app within 24 hours of initiating the process.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried sending through an email via the link and continue getting the same error that their website is currently offline. Did this keep happening to anyone else? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried for months and the link has never worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no word back from UHC... 😩

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have contacted UHC and  FITBIT and the app is still there.   Just ridiculous that it can't be deleted.

Maybe UHC should get an award for developing an APP that will never go away

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to know that after the nuclear holocaust and Man is long gone, 2 things will remain: cockroaches and the UHC Fit app.

Best Answer