Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove FIT UHC (United Healthcare Motion) off my Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried everything to remove United Healthcare off my Charge 2.  I revoked the access off the applications tab.  I've tried going to the Menu Items and turn it off but it keeps turning back on (both website and app)  I've factory reset the Charge and it's like a bad cold, it just keeps coming back.  Is there anyone that was successful and removing this off?  We switched healthcare providers and I don't need this any more.  I've tried login into the United Healthcare FIT site as well to remove it but does not show that I have an active account.  I would love to get this off of my account so I can bring back my step counter goals per hour, FIT UHC replaces the Steps Per Hour goal with their own.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

Yeah this is ridiculous   

Got a new charge 3 and of course it followed me along. 

Still no new updates I see?

Best Answer

Same issue for my Inspire HR.  If I am no longer a member of the UHC Motion program nor a member of the United Healthcare system, and they are still collecting my data, it's now a violation of my privacy rights.  I have sent emails to both Fitbit and UHC Motion. 

**UPDATE. I emailed yesterday UHC Motion and they were able to remove it from my Inspire HR device (whoo hoo!).  However, I do see the app still on my Fitbit app on my phone, so hopefully Fitbit will be able to remove it from there very shortly. This is the verbiage I messaged to UHC Motion on https://unitedhealthcaremotion.com/Home/ContactUs

"Please remove UHC Motion from my account and Fitbit Inspire HR device ASAP. I am no longer a member of United Health, and do not want United Healthcare to track my biometrics or data of ANY kind. Thank you"

Hope this helps, and good luck, everyone!! 

Best Answer

Over 3 years later, and still no resolution?  Do better, Fitbit.

Also, same issue, obv.

Best Answer

@dancin4thee I just sent the message to UHC so we’ll see what happens. 🤞🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dancin4thee you win the internet. I contacted them with that message and after having me revoke the UHC Motion access from Fitbit (which I honestly thought might work), they escalated the matter to another dept that was finally able to delete it completely from my Fitbit account and device. 🙌🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guess what - I bought a new Fitbit (totally unrelated to my insurance program, I got it on Amazon). I deleted the Fitbit app, and reinstalled it fresh., to set up my new watch. The UHC motion app AUTOMATICALLY REINSTALLED ON MU BRAND NEW WATCH!! And now I cannot get rid of it! Somehow the app embedded itself into my Fitbit account, even after wiping the phone Fitbit app, deleting UHC motion app and buying a new watch! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

3 years later and there's still nothing Fitbit can do.  This is extremely disappointing.  All I got from Fitbut customer support is:

"As much as I really wanted to help you out. This is beyond our control since we're not the developer of the app."  

Fitbit has no ability to stop UHC from controlling what software runs on their devices.  They have no way to give me control over what runs on my fitbit.  This really seems like a big failure on their part. 

I'm still trying to get ahold of UHC Motion ...

Best Answer

I am now having this problem with absolutely no help from support. Trying to contact UHC now also. 

Had I known fitbit had these issues I wouldn’t have purchased one… It’s been years, it makes no sense why fitbit would still have such a large issue. 

RIP to my device memory lol

Best Answer