Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renew Active by AARP United Healthcare and Fitbit Premium

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

From their web site / doesn't work:

How to join the Fitbit® Community for Renew Active:

Find your code. You will need your Renew Active confirmation code at the top of this page. You'll be asked to enter your code during onboarding so keep it somewhere handy. Please note that if you received your confirmation code prior to January 1, 2021, the Terms and Conditions have been updated. Click the link underneath your confirmation code to read the updated Terms and Conditions. Set up your account. Click the Visit Fitbit® Community button above and, when prompted, log in to an existing Fitbit account or create a new one using an email address and password of your choice. Get started. Follow the steps to complete program enrollment.
Once you’ve joined, here’s how to access the Renew Active Fitbit® Community:
  1. If you haven’t already, download the Fitbit® mobile app from either the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android).
  2. Open the Fitbit app and log in with your Fitbit® account credentials used to join the Fitbit® Community for Renew Active.
  3. Once in the app, tap the “Community” tab in the bottom menu.
  4. Tap “Groups” in the top menu.
  5. The “Renew Active” group will be listed under the “Closed Groups” section.
  6. Tap on the “Renew Active” group to get started!
  7. Tap "Discover" in the bottom menu to access Fitbit Premium.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject & labels

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Spent several hours trying to figure this out and finally succeeded. It was rather complex and not sure that I remember all the steps but will give it a shot since I did not see it written out anywhere else.  After you move your fitbit account to Google then you need to sign up for renew active on the AARP/UHC member site.  First make sure that you have loaded the Fitbit app on your mobile device and that you can log in using your Google account.  Then log in to your UHC member site.  Then click on "access gym code" in upper right. On next page you should see "Renew Active" in upper right. Just below that you will see "1 of 3" with arrows. Click on the right arrow until you see "Join the Online Fitbit Community!" and click on "learn more".  Then you will see "Join our Fitit Community".  Click on "Copy Code" then "Go to Fitbit Community".  On next page you will see "you're all set!".  Then log into your Fitbit app on your mobile device. Here is where I'm not quite sure what I did.  Look for the icon that has 4 small squares arranged in a square pattern.  On my app it is labeled "You" and it is at the bottom of my screen. Click on that and it should show that you are a member of Fitbit Care for the Fitbit Community for Renew Active, and you should see "Your membership benefits". You can click on "View" and then "Manage Membership".  Somewhere in that sequence there was an option to access the premium membership. The premium screen did not show up right away, I think it took a day or 2 but now it is fully working, the same way it did when I had the complimentary 6 month premium subscription when I bought my fitbit (but cancelled it because I didn't think it was worth the ~$80/year. But as an add on with my Supplemental plan I do like the additional information on sleep scores.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Exactly. But when it is all set up, you still don't get the individual
sleep scores, just the overall total.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I do. On the dashboard I get Sleep duration and score. When I touch that it goes to a summary page that shows my weekly profile which I can change to show month, 3 months or year.  Then when I scroll down there are daily bars that are shaded to show sleep stages, duration and score.  That much you get with the standard app. But then when I touch the daily bar it goes to the premium screen which shows scores for Time Asleep, Deep and REM, and Restoration.  You only get that detail for sleep that was recorded after activating the premium membership.  If I touch an earlier sleep bar then the premium data is not there.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Much to my amazement, after several months of nothing, the sleep scores automagically appeared this morning. I didn't do anything different, so it just looks as if Fitbit/Google got around to fixing whatever bug it was that caused the problem. New code on the server means new results on the smartphone. I'll just hope that the scores keep coming. 

Best Answer
0 Votes