Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renpho Scale with multiple users

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a Renpho scale for use with my fitbit, and it works fine. lovely. and an Inspire HR.

But... There appears to be an issue with the Fitbit app posting every Renpho user account in the house to my FitBit account. This has rendered the whole "weightloss goals" thing useless, because the moment my 45 pound son steps on the scale, I win an instant "Congratulations on your 200 pound weight loss" badge. I delete his weight from my fitbit and myfitnesspal accounts, but I can't reset the weight goal, every time I set it back to the original date I want to measure against, it just gives me a new badge. Every time my son steps on the scale, I get a new badge. It is super annoying and frustrating. I had put in a call to the help desk the first time it happened, it two weeks to acknowledge the request, and another week or two to tell me it was fixed, and then not actually fix it.

So here's the nut. Is there some way I can get FitBit to stop collecting the weight of everyone that steps on the scale and posting it to my account? Because I want to use the weight goals and I don't want to half to hide my scale from everyone else in the house.

Thoughts?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

It's great to see you on the Community @Shelshula. I appreciate the details mentioned. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I'll be happy to clarify your question about Renpho scale and Fitbit. It seems that every time someone is standing on the scale the weight is going directly to your account, maybe it has the option to assign the weight to the user that's standing on it just like the Aria has it

If it doesn't, you might want to unlink Renpho from Fitbit to avoid any weight badges that might be awarded to you even though you're not the one who's standing on the scale. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi does anyone have an answer that is actually helpful?

Best Answer

Thank you!

I'm guessing not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont wanna go there... Trust me.

What I'm doing is installing the app on each individual users phone. With the app linked to Fitbit.

What you do then is load the app only when you are using the scale so it registers with the right account. Seems to work ok sofar.

Just be careful that multiple people don't have the app open at the same time.

Also I'm not sure that if you use the scale without the app open that the results don't get stored and then loaded on the next persons account which could be the wrong person

Best Answer
0 Votes

My experience has been that I'll let someone else use the scale, with my phone off and in another room, and the next time I wight myself, it will capture my weight and any weights the scale took since the last time it updated my phone, so my fitbit has recorded my 8-yr old sons weight, the cat's weight

my son holding the cat's weight, and my mother-in-law who was just curious when she saw the scale.... the Renpho app was like "is this you?" but fitbit was all like "THIS IS YOU!!!! Congratulations , you weigh 8 pounds" "Congratulations, you weigh 55 pounds" award award award.

I stopped using the fitbit's weight goal, and just delete the data from it's weight log I think is wrong.

So good luck. Hope you have better luck with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Shelshula,

I had the same issue but we have been able of solving it quite easily.

My wife had all my weights messing up hers.

In the Renpho app, my account, we selected her profile, added the email account linked to her fitbit, and problem solved.

I hope this helps,

:musical_note:

Best Answer
0 Votes

IonicFan01:   To clarify (since i just got a renpho bluetooth/wifi scale) :

Do you install the renpho app on each family members phone?

Is it really auto syncing to the correct fitbit account, or do you have to manually switch the user on the phone each time?

I've been searching and haven't yet found it to state that it supports multiple fitbit users.

Update:  I found in an online manual that you can install the renpho app on each users phone.  We successfully did this and were also able to link it to our respective Fitbit apps via the renpho apps settings.   Fitbit is now showing our weight taken.  I guess the Renpho scale automatically determines which user is using it via the weight and other bio measurements.  So far so good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Different profiles or same profiles on different phones? Can everyone use their own account or do they need to login to same account?

Best Answer
0 Votes