Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resync Cropped Strava Data?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've linked my Strava account with my new FitBit Flex which is great for tracking my cycling activities, but I've noticed that data only seems to 'sync' once, immediately after an event is saved to Strava.

The issue is that if I forget to stop the ride (happens regularly!) then although I can crop the data in Strava I still end up with inaccurate data in FitBit that I can't amend (i.e. active minutes) as it doesn't seem to resync amended data.

For example, this morning I forgot to stop Strava after I arrived at work which meant I had around an hour of 'erroneous' data before I realised, resulting in 84 active minutes in FitBit which really should be about 20-30 minutes as per normal. Although I cropped the ride to its correct length in Strava the data in FitBit is still showing the original incorrect data - including distance, duration and active minutes.

Is there anyway to update/resync the data between FitBit & Strava after cropping/amending an exercise in Strava?

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @slincoln

Moved this thread from the Flex to the Third-Party Integrations section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Wishing a wonderful weekend

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @slincoln, welcome aboard to our community and thank you @SunsetRunner for your help.

So far there is no way to manually sync your Strava activities as these are automatically reflected on your Fitbit account. When you edit or modify the activity in Strava this change wont be reflected since you are not syncing. So your Fitbit account wont recognized this change. The only workaround is to delete the activity and enter a manual one on your Fitbit account to average your information although it wont be the same.

See you around and happy stepping.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes