Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I log exercises in MFP?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have linked MFP with my Fitbit app. I have been consistently logging my calorie intake into MFP. The apps seem to be "talking" to each other correctly - my calorie intake and water intake show up correctly in my Fitbit App and my step count shows up in MFP (a calorie adjustment is made based on my step count).

My question: Should I be adding my exercises to MFP, even if my Fitbit is tracking those exercises? MFP is making calorie adjustments for my steps, but my exercises don't seem to be transferring from my Fitbit App to MFP.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @weaverjled, awesome to see you have joined the Fitbit Community. I'm sorry for the late response, but let me give you some suggestions for your concern to log exercise in MyFitnessPal.

In this case you are using perfectly the integrations with MFP and Fitbit. However, I do not recommend to log your exercises in MFP, since this calories has been taken in account with your calorie adjustment. So if you logged the exercise you might be doubling your numbers.

Your MFP account is capable to share your exercise in your Fitbit Dashboard as a manual activities. So this is the reason why is not recommendable to do this. 

Keep in mind, your Fitbit Dashboard will only send a calorie adjustment based on your exercise, but it will not send your exercise as it is. To have an idea what MFP and Fitbit syncs, review the following post: MyFitnessPal.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @weaverjled, awesome to see you have joined the Fitbit Community. I'm sorry for the late response, but let me give you some suggestions for your concern to log exercise in MyFitnessPal.

In this case you are using perfectly the integrations with MFP and Fitbit. However, I do not recommend to log your exercises in MFP, since this calories has been taken in account with your calorie adjustment. So if you logged the exercise you might be doubling your numbers.

Your MFP account is capable to share your exercise in your Fitbit Dashboard as a manual activities. So this is the reason why is not recommendable to do this. 

Keep in mind, your Fitbit Dashboard will only send a calorie adjustment based on your exercise, but it will not send your exercise as it is. To have an idea what MFP and Fitbit syncs, review the following post: MyFitnessPal.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes