Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps are not showing up in MyFitnessPal or in Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Even after de-linking and linking numerous times, Fitbit steps are not showing up in MyFitnessPal or in strava. Any suggestions please.

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Have you contacted MFP? See fitbits FAQ

As for Strava, I would look at the main Strava information post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your inquiry @PotterArti, and welcome to the Community forums. 

I've seen other users mentioning this happened with their MyFitnessPal and Strava accounts (data not syncing).

About MyFitnbessPal, they have identified an issue and are working to resolve as soon as possible. You can find more information here

Regarding Strava, I would first recommend that you make sure both accounts have been linked properly, you can find all the steps here. If there are properly linked, then I would suggest that you try to disconnect and then reconnect both apps, to restart the settings; this has been useful to other people who have experienced something similar. 

Also, thanks for this information @Rich_Laue

I hope this helps. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I went into MFP and I see the fitbit linked there (also linked and relinked multiple times) and it's flagged as my step tracker, but when I go to my apps on my fitbit dashboard it doesn't list any authorized apps. When I click on the compatible apps section of my fitbit dashboard it continues to just take me to a page to download the app not link it. Very frustrating. How can you authorize an app on the fitbit dashboard?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SteBoz I posted the steps needed to connect the two accounts in my last post. the post above yours .Part of the connection process is to give Fitbit permission to allow MFP access to your Fitbit account. 

You don't go to the dashboard to look at permissions .you want to go to https://www.fitbit.com/user/profile/apps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! My issue however is that when I click that link I get a blank screen that says “you have authorized these apps” but there are no apps there. And when I go to the app section to try to pick one, the link just takes to me download the app. I double checked everything on my fitness pal and it’s linking, but I’m showing nothing in the Fitbit app referencing MFP. I took a photo but I also can figure out how to post a photo 😞 

Where within the Fitbit app do I give permission for other apps? I think that’s the part I’m missing. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for providing this information @SteBoz, and welcome to the Community forums. 

In order to bEtter understand what you've mentioned, it'd be great if you could also share a screenshot or photo of what you're looking at in your screen when trying to link both apps. You can find the instructions here: Add An Image To Your Post

Please keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

EE333AD8-8993-46A3-8582-6BDE73D83FF3.png

When I go to the apps this is what I see. When I follow the app link in these posts it directs me to the App Store to download the app, not to link it. I don’t see anywhere to authorize the app within the Fitbit app. Thanks for your help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The link process is started through MFP, this can be done through the web and I think their app. 

You then will be directed to a special page on Fitbit where you will agree to the link up. 

From googleScreenshot_20180720-144713_Chrome.jpg

Or go to myfitnesspal

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30

Best Answer
0 Votes

88B3A0AC-CBFB-4D8B-80E6-32D34B4D6496.pngBelow you can see MFP is linked to Fitbit and above is what happens when I go to the app section on Fitbit.

938039F3-AB06-4ABE-939B-2CD0BC099342.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

So MFP is connected to a Fitbit account. but is it connected to the Fitbit account that your using? 

The easiest thing is to hit disconnect, the connect it to Fitbit. making sure that your logged into the correct fitbit account .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issue with Strava sync since Thursday 19 July.

Thursday morning it auto-sync'd a cycling activity.

Thursday afternoon it did not sync a second cycling activity (yesterday I exported the TCX file and manually uploaded to Strava)

This morning I also had to manually upload a run via the TCX file.

I've revoked and re-granted the access on both sides, connected via https://strava.fitbit.com/

EDIT: Is it not the same as this outage discussed here in February: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Strava-and-Fitbit-Syncing/m-p/2563402#M2188...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LurchZA the issue in that thread was an issue that affected every user and has been resolved. 

We are now talking about an issue that is only affecting a few users .The general thought would be to reach out to Strava. 

I'm assuming that you have proof GPS has been used on all affected rides. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rich_Laue@SteBoz and @LurchZA.

@SteBoz Like @Rich_Laue mentioned, the best way to go about that would be to disconnect them from MFP and then try to link them again to make sure they synced to the proper account and there wasn't any typos or errors during the connection.

@LurchZA Have you tried reaching out to Strava and have them check on what is going on? Please do so and keep us posted.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes