Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps not syncing from map my walk

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I record my walk through map my walk, when it's done I can see how many steps I accumulated during the walk. Once I sync with Fitbit it does show the exersize, active minutes, and calories burned but the steps don't transfer over. In the workout details it shows in the impact on your day section 0 of my total steps taken for the day.
So I know my Fitbit isn't capturing those steps, my total steps for the day show less then my steps for just the walk alone.
Anyone have a solution?
Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hey there @AlmostfitsarahMapMyWalk uses built-in GPS to provide runners with the ability to map, record, and share their exercise routes and workouts. Data will sync from Fitbit to MapMyWalk programs. MapMyWalk activity data doesn't sync to Fitbit. This may be the reason you are not seeing data coming from the walk such as steps or distance. However, since you used the tracker in your walk the steps recorded by it are already in the total account for that day. If you didn't use the tracker at that moment you can manually log your walk. To do so, please check this article with the step by step instructions. 

I hope this helps. Keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,  I have a Fitbit Blaze but my walks\excercise is not syncing to my MapMyWalk app.  I looked at my settings on the MapMyWalk app and it says my Fitbit is connected but nothing is recording from my FitBit

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @lmarion1965! I think that you need to revoke access to MapMyWalk and then give access to the application again. To connect the accounts, please do the following:

1. Log into MapMyWalk.
  2. Click the Improve tab and then select Device Connect.
  3. Find Fitbit on the list and click the Connect button. You're taken to fitbit.com.
  4. Log in with your Fitbit credentials.
  5. Go back to MapMyWalk and go to your workout dashboard.
  6. Click the Import Workouts button
  7. Next to Fitbit click the Sync button. One month of your step history will be imported.

Provided your tracker has synced to Fitbit, logging into MapMyWalk will automatically import your subsequent step history. If this doesn't help, please contact MapMyWalk support for further assistance. 

Good luck and keep me posted with the outcome! 🙂 

Best Answer

There is no "Import workout" on my Map My Walk app. Can you tell me where to find this? I just got the Charge 2 fitbit, but I bought it to track my activity to load on Map My Walk with all my friends.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Samsung 6 edge

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @Billienjosh! To connect your MapMyWalk account to your Fitbit account, you can check my previous post with these steps. However, if you are talking about the MapMyWalk app you'll need to get in touch with MapMyWalk support. 

I hope this helps, keep me posted!  🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

one thing I do, since it doesn’t adequately record steps or distance is ‘fake’ a walk workout for additional distance and it adds those steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes