Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava and the incorrectly extracted average speed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All,

I've just synced my Fitbit with my Strava efforts from this morning. This morning I did ~85.8 kms on the bike. The distance matches almost 100%, no problem there. The problem I'm having is Fitbit is taking 85.8kms, then for some reason it is taking "Elapsed Time" rather than "Moving Time"; and then calculates the average speed. This should be taken straight from Strava as distance, moving time and average speed; and not calculated av km/h based on incorrect variables sucked out of Strava. Not that I care about the average speed as its not really a concern but Fitbit is taking into consideration elapsed time which included a long breakfast break and extra red-lights stops, which throws everything out!

Am I the only one with this problem?

Is there a solution to this?

Apologies if this has already been addressed. I'm just new here...

Thank you for your support and guidance on this matter.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Bartek, good to see you in our community. I noticed you are new around so have a warm welcome my friend. Since this information that Fitbit receives from them I suggest to contact Strava support directly for a better definition and explanation.

Hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RobertoME

Thank you for that. I've just sent a request to Strava to look into this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK @RobertoME

I've checked with Strava and they have nothing to do with which fields you pull from them so I need someone at Fitbit to address this issue as it is a 100% Fitbit error. From what it looks like - you guys take elapsed time, distance and calculate the speed based on this. The elapsed time is incorrect. You should be taking moving time field.

Can someone technical get on to this conversation and get this resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes