Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava duplicate activity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I recently got a Charge 4 and linked my FitBit account with Strava using strava.fitbit.com.

Unfortunately when I record an activity I get 2 more or less identical activities in my FitBit dashboard, which both roll up to my calories total for the day

This occurs whether I record the activity using my FitBit device exercise app, FitBit auto-recognise, or Strava.

Any ideas? I cycle a lot and having to go back and delete activities every time I do so is quite painful 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @One_Time. Welcome to Community Forums.

I appreciate you share your experience. Fitbit devices share information with a third party app but not the way around, only GPS data recorded with a Fitbit device is synced to the Strava app.

It's up to the owner of the third-party app to implement or update features for their app, this needs to be addressed with the third party customer service and if you wish you can also add a Feature Suggestion so our team can consider it for future developments.

Also you can make this suggestion to Strava and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community.

Hope this helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @One_Time. Welcome to Community Forums.

I appreciate you share your experience. Fitbit devices share information with a third party app but not the way around, only GPS data recorded with a Fitbit device is synced to the Strava app.

It's up to the owner of the third-party app to implement or update features for their app, this needs to be addressed with the third party customer service and if you wish you can also add a Feature Suggestion so our team can consider it for future developments.

Also you can make this suggestion to Strava and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes