Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava not connecting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey, my Fitbit versa 2 arrived today along with my partner's. When we were setting up we set up to our Strava accounts. My partner's connected straight away. Mine on the other hand has not, after trying every tip I have come across nothing has worked.

Is my fitbit a dodgy one ??

My partner set hers up on an iPhone, I'm setting mine up on an Huawei does that matter ? 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AAGBrookes your Fitbit account needs to be connected to your Strava account. This has nothing to do with your tracker.

Are you saying your unable to connect the two accounts? At what step does the failure occur and is there any error messages?

How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

Have you checked your  settings

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @AAGBrookes your Fitbit account needs to be connected to your Strava account. This has nothing to do with your tracker.

Are you saying your unable to connect the two accounts? At what step does the failure occur and is there any error messages?

How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

Have you checked your  settings

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I've got the same issue. I downloaded the Strava app to my Versa 2 today. Even though I have logged into the account on the mobile Fitbit app, the app on my watch keeps asking me to log in. 

I have sychronized a couple of times, tried to log off and on again, removed and reinstalled the app, restarted the watch. Nothing works. Still the same message. 

Any idea what is wrong? 

Best Answer

@EllemiekeV A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. I would like you try the following steps: 

- Verify that the app is properly set up 

- After linking the accounts through the app gallery, sync your Versa 2

- If your watch still says go to the app and link, restart your watch and sync again 

- Leave the Fitbit app running in the background of the phone for the app to receive updates 

Let me know the outcome. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Silvia, 

Thanks for the quick response. Apparently the watch needed some time to think things over 😆. When I opened the app this morning it was connected and working properly. 

No idea what solved the issue. 

Thanks again. 

Best regards, 

Ellemieke 

Best Answer

Mines done it again. I had to go into my apps on my phone and clear data from Fitbit because I was not receiving calls/messages on my tracker. That is working now but again my strave keeps telling me link account from the mobile app which I have done.

It's one thing after the other

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tell a lie it's now not receiving my calls/messages again.

Remind me how much I paid for one of these again !

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EllemiekeV Thanks for getting back. I'm glad to hear that it started working again. 

@AAGBrookes Thanks for getting back. In regards to your notifications not working, please confirm you did this procedure to set notifications on your watch. Also, I would like to know the operating system that your phone has. 

If you're still seeing that your Ionic is asking you to link Strava, we’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Let me know the outcome. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SilviaFitbit Hi. Yes I have followed the steps in the attached link. I have also followed other steps by deleting the cache/data in apps on my phone. But that then messed up strava again. Notifications started working for a while and has now stopped again. If it's not one thing it's another. It tells me that a phone restart is required but I have done that multiple times and still nothing. My phone is an Huawei (android) I can't see that being a problem though. My partner has got the same Fitbit versa 2 and hers is working perfectly and has had no problems. I'm close to returning the Fitbit and swapping for a Garmin

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit server connects to the Strava Account. The app really is not in a direct path between the two

Best Answer
0 Votes