Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava not syncing with Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi guys can anyone help? My fitbit app wont upload to strava no matter what I do! I've reconnected them and dont know what else to try!?

Cheers

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Was your runs/walks/bike rides recorded with the gps and a resulting map is shown? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think fitbit just doesn't care about strava and that's too bad for them. Eventually people are just going to ditch fitbit completely in favor of cheap Chinese trackers that JUST WORK.

Best Answer

Hello @snowboard_bit may I ask what the issue with Strava are you having? Have you contacted Fitbit for help? 

As for the link between Strava, the users can only revoke and reconnect. If this doesn't work, then they need to contact Fitbit, but Fitbit can not help until the user reaches out to them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

>> but Fitbit can not help until the user reaches out to them. 

Exactly! And this is a problem!

I've linked Fitbit to Strava but nothing is being transferred automatically (I'm talking about runs recorded with GPS on) - an issue that a ton of people on this forum are having and that definitely exists. Now, as a user of both Fitbit and Strava, I don't want to spend days talking to support of BOTH apps, I just want them to magically link and work together. (btw, I've already contacted Strava support and they're not responding).

Fitbit can of course say "we don't care, it's your problem, please contact support". To which my response would be "thanks fitbit, bye, I'm switching to apple/garmin/xiaomi/nike/<any other vendor that competes with fitbit in their niche>).

Now, if I'd be Fitbit management and I saw my stock falling from $47 to $4 since IPO, I would at least consider starting to care about user experience, a big part of which is how well Fitbit works with third-party apps. I'd also notice that Strava is perhaps the biggest one and tried to figure out a way to monitor this particular integration health 24/7.

Just my 2 cents though, personal opinion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it's all been done on gps showing maps! Still no link with strava! This is obviously a problem in the community and not just me!

Best Answer

So do they have a solution for this? I mean it's been long since I had my fitbit, it's now that I want integration with Strava?

Best Answer

The only suggestion we as Fitbit users can suggest, has been suggested. If this suggestion does not fix the issue, then the solution is in the hands of Fitbit and Strava 

@Gillroy666 the community is a community of Fitbit users. We however are not the ones that handle the interface between Fitbit and Strava. 

@snowboard_bit as you point out. Until the user brings the issue to Fitbit, fitbit will assume that there is no issue. Unlike most apps, Fitbit handles the transfer of data and the solution is in the hands of Fitbit. But they need to know that a user is having a problem. 

The last major issue with Strava I understand has been fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am soooo Frustrated and disappointed by this! I ran the Peachtree Road Race on the 4th and I did not get to see the data via Strava! I noticed today that when I go into Strava and go to linking devices, Fitbit is gone. I reconnect it with fitbit, close the strava app, open strava again, and fitbit is gone again! I even tried leaving Strava open on my phone until I completed my run and lo and behold the connection to Fitbit is gone. I think the problem here is Fitbit and I would VERY MUCH like someone to at least address this! I have a backup Garmin tucked away but I hate their app so I don't want to swtich. But if I need to use it for my runs just to integrate into Strava then I guess I will have to....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep same here fitbit just keeps unlinking with strava! I'm so frustrated with it now looking at other options ☹

Best Answer

Ok good! So maybe this will help Fitbit pinpoint the problem? Come on Fitbit give us something!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anybody contacted Fitbit to make them aware of this issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I've contacted fitbit and they've put me through to a higher support team! Nothing back yet though!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just broke out the old Garmin device. I will say that I had trouble connecting it through the actual Strava app, however when I connected it through Garmin Connect it was fine and is still connected after I closed and reopened Strava. Still the same problem with Fitbit. Guess I’ll be running with two watches until Fitbit is back to normal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes