Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava - to connect, or not to connect...

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With my old fitbit (charge HR) I had problems with the strava>fitbit connection (losing steps, activities not logging properly...)

What says the forum on whether or not to connect fitbit to my strava account? I've got a charge 2 now, which I really love, but I'm curious as to whether or not I should connect the strava account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @joeybrown105, good to see you one more time in the Fitbit Community! Sometimes may happen a fail of communication with third party integrations.

saying that, Strava is a supported app and it will depend on what you are looking to sync. The same information that you get from Strava will be obtain from your Charge 2 using the connected GPS feature with your mobile phone. Is at the moment to connect your accounts when you will notice the difference, since your Fitbit activities will appear on Strava, and your runs and rides tracked by Strava will contribute to your Fitbit all-day stats.

However Non-GPS activities, previously completed activities, duplicate activities—that is, if you already recorded an activity with Strava, a Fitbit activity that occurs at the same time won't be sync to Strava.

With the release of Ionic I had the chance to tried Strava and I see no difference in the way the exercises are recorded, although I really like the interface of Strava and how fast the information is recognized by my Fitbit account. I had a bit of a trouble at the beginning  syncing my runs, but all was resolved after I reconnect the integration between my accounts.

So in this case you decide which feature you prefer to use. Is up to you in which way you feel more comfortable to track your exercises.

Let see what other users have to share and for other questions just let me know.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes