Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync heart rate data with Apple Health

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UpdateIt's funny how I'm still getting comments on this 2 years later,

Instead of having just the single data point synced it would be helpful to have, if not all the data points then at least a more precise average by minute syncing. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Enjoying life one step at a time…
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, we don't have any information about working on an integration with Apple Health app. Some data can be synced between Fitbit and Apple Health through IFTTT. For more information, please visit this site and this article.

If there is any update about this topic, it should be communicated in this feature suggestion.

I am going to close this thread, but if there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

Interesting. Unless something changed in the last couple of weeks. I don't believe Apple has setup a connection to Fitbit. 

I don't think anything will sync to AH

Best Answer
0 Votes
>From my understanding fitbit doesn't allow for it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Cant say, I know the heart rate from Fitbit syncs to a Strava account .

Currently as I mentioned above, there is not a Fitbit sync connection of any type with apple health 

Best Answer
0 Votes
With Strava it's only a single data point...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Map My Run has a heart rate feed back coach feature.  It picks up heart rate from my Apple Watch. If selected heart rate zone is too slow it  say speed up or slow down if too fast. It’s accurate most of the time. If only Fitbit’s heart rate will sync with Map My Run I’d have a choice of which watch to wear 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AntnyGoomba and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @Ungawe! I was reading your posts and @Rich_Laue is correct. So far there is not a direct integration to sync heart rate data from your Fitbit Dashboard to Apple. In this case only Strava is the only officially supported app capable to received this information.

For more information about which data syncs among different integrations your Fitbit Dashboard, feel free to review the following: Third Party Apps - Informational Post.

For more details about the integration among Apple Watch and Fitbit, review the following update from our Feature Suggestion Board: Integrate with Apple Watch.

See you later and hope this info helps a little.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply, but I did not mention Apple watch at all, if I had that I wouldn't be using a fitbit. I was also already aware that fitbit does not sync the heart rate data to ANY other service. I posted this as a feature that I would like to see.

I want deeper analytics about my heart rate than is provided by fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@AntnyGoomba without a screen shot of this heart rate data point .I have no idea what your seeing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, this conversation has gotten way off point. I don't run, I don't use Strava since that's all it seems it's for. I'm also not talking about 1 dataset for a specific activity, I want the intraday data points for the entire day. Fitbit does not generally give access to this data to other commercial apps as is described in their documentation, https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/heart-rate/.

Fitbit doesn't even show up as a data source in the Apple Health app. Apple health shouldn't be reading the data, Fitbit should be writing the data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit doesn't just go and push it's data on to third parties and demands that they use it. Before a link between Fitbit and apple can be made, there will need to be an agreement hashed out between apple and Fitbit. 

They already have agreed to not share a users info without the users permission. 

It doesn't matter if you uses Strava or not. The statement was that no third parties have access to the heart rate. This statement is incorrect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @AntnyGoomba, I understand your intention is only to suggest the access of third party services to the heart rate data from your Fitbit account. Also I want to clarify I mentioned Apple Watch since at some point in this thread was mentioned this topi, but I edited my comment instead to avoid confusion in this conversation since you are correct. you never mentioned Apple watch.

However I want to clarify that Apple health also doesn't have access to Fitbit data and neither is in the future plans as is mentioned on this Feature suggestion: Integrate with iOS Health. However we keep the option open so this plans are dynamic and can change if priorities change.

Saying that, since you are interest to have hear rate data with other third party integrations. I recommend to vote and support the following suggestion: Allow third-parties to access live heart rate 

Also thank you for sharing more details about integrations @Rich_Laue.

See you later and keep participating in the Fitbit Community!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It could be possible through the Fitbit Web API or the Power Sync app on iOS. Setting up the API is seemingly difficult, but the Power Sync app seems to work wonderfully (so far)

Charge HR (retired) - Blaze - iPhone XR
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mvan231 I doubt Apple has approached fitbit asking for heart rate data, considering that the apple watch can read heart rate without fitbits help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue What do you mean? I wasn’t implying that Apple would be asking Fitbit for data. Just saying, there is a way to sync the Fitbit heart rate data from Fitbit ecosystem into the Apple Health app. 

possible via at least two ways:

1: Power Sync app

2: Fitbit WebAPI (if you take the time to set it up)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mvan231 I simply mean that like apple, Fitbit doesn't force their data on to third parties. So if Apple wants their Apple users to have access to their Fitbit heart rate data through Apple health, Apple could approach Fitbit, Strava gets heart rate data from Fitbit but it is because Strava went to Fitbit and requested. The first step is for Apple to approach Fitbit.

Both apple and Fitbit encourage third parties to hop on board and neither want to be intrusive and force their data into the third party. 

If someone feels this is wrong for Fitbit, they should also feel that this is wrong for apple. 

Why should Fitbit take the time to setup a link to Apple when it is very clear that Apple does not want this. 

Why has Apple taken steps to prevent Fitbit users from responding to messages? Why recently did apple take steps to foil both Garmin and Apple, along with all third party apps to gain access to Apple notifications? It has become very clear that a Apple does not want their users to use non Apple products. 

Would you really want to play with the playground bully? 

Best Answer
You seem to have a strong opinion about apple in this case. I assume you're
an android user?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you really think that apple wants to partner up with Fitbit? Apple prefers 3rd parties to partner up with them, they do not force a company to take their data. Basically we have a stalemate. 

Fitbit likes 3rd parties to partner up with Fitbit, who like apple, Fitbit will not their data into others. Sure Fitbit could back down, but then so can apple. 

I stumbled across your thread. 

Yes I'm an android user, but that doesn't change the fact that Apple has gone out of their way to do everything they can to give a reason for their users to stay away from apples competition. It has nothing to do with the documented fact that apple does not want 3rd parties to fix their phone and gladly will charge hundreds for a $10 charging port that a 10 year old could change in 15 minutes. They bond the battery to the phone, so that a user could take a brand new battery out of an iPhone and put it in another iPhone and will get a Apple womessage that the battery is no good. They would rather sell you a new phone, and tell you that they can not rescue your photos, even though the same 10 year old girl above knows how to save the photos. Heck her mother got back all the wedding photos from a phone that dropped in the ocean, but apple will tell you that this can not be done. 

Your right I like many find this type of attitude simply acceptable. (just kidding)

And so you get the message I've properly tagged @mvan231 

Best Answer
0 Votes

great stuff @Rich_Laue I still don't get why you're ranting about Apple on a Fitbit forum. It doesn't affect you because you're an Android user. So why are you even in this thread?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Because people keep pulling me back in. 

Fitbit lets third parties connect to them. Therefore apple will need to connect to Fitbit, but apple let's third parties connect to them. Neither company will initiat, on their own, a connection to a third party. 

Apple who has proven that they seem to know more about what their users want have recently made changes to force Apple users to give up using third party watches like Garmin and Fitbit. Apple wants their users to stick with apple products. Does it make sense for apple to sync heart rate from Fitbit? 

BTW: Fitbits data will not sync to Google Health either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes