Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Polar Heart Rate Monitor Data?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to FitBit, and it seems to record my gym classes (Body Pump) as not very active.  Is there a way to sync the data from my Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor into FitBit.com so that it knows I was working my bum off?

Thanks.

Greg.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Use Endomondo to track your workouts. Track Body Pump as "weight training" or maybe "circuit training." Link your accounts and it will automatically upload to your fitbit activity log and count as "very active" for the entire workout. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Based on some research I did when looking for a HRM, I don't believe you can sync the FT4 with much of anything. I was looking at the FT7 because it actually syncs to the Polar site and you can then export that an xml file and import to Runkeeper. As kind of recommended, you can manually enter an activity via the dashboard which should count as active time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found the manual entry to be lackluster. You can label an activity and enter the amount of calories burned but regarding active time, it defaults to however many "steps" the sensor picked up during the exercise period. This is fine for running, walking, aerobics and the like but not so much for weight/circuit training, elliptical training, and especially cycling. That is why I prefer the link with Endomondo. Based on the type of exercise you are doing (especially if you are using a HR monitor), it "knows" whether you were working hard throughout and will override the step data to credit you with more "very active" time. It will not generate added steps but it will generate the active minutes that fitbit needs to present a more accurate measure of your activity level. For what it's worth, if you prefer something like Runkeeper, you can import workout files to Endomondo and just use it as the middleman to get your activity uploaded to fitbit. I prefer using the Motoactv for my outdoor runs, so I do this regularly.  It must be .gpx, .tcx or .fit and be no larger than 10mb, but that allows some flexibility to use other programs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Starkman78 wrote:

if you prefer something like Runkeeper, you can import workout files to Endomondo and just use it as the middleman to get your activity uploaded to fitbit.

I use MFP in the same capacity between RK and Fitbit and it works well. I should check out Endomondo sometime.

Best Answer
0 Votes