Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Life Fitness exercise equipment with fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
At the gym I belong to the Life Fitness exercise equipment I.e bike, treadmills, step climbers, etc are supposed to sync to my Fitbit. I have not been able to figure that out other then entering the data manually, which I find isn't an accurate way of capturing my work out data. I have the Life Fitness app but it doesn't communicate with Fitbit. Am I missing something?
Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Great to have you here @J-flex. If you do an activity that is not steps bases, keep in mind that you need manually log that activity, like you have been doing so far, since there's not another way to log those activities. Just verify that you are doing the following at the moment of logging them:

1. Tap the exercise tile. 
2. Tap the timer in the top right corner; this will take you to the Mobile Run screen. 
3. Tap "Log" at the top of the screen. 
4. Log your activity. 

Keep the stepping up! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the info. My question was in regards to Life Fitness exercise equipment. The information I have is that any exercise biking, walking is supposed to be compatible & synced with my Fitbit. In my Fitbit app LFconnect (life fitness) is listed as a compatible app. I do have the LFconnect app installed on my IPhone. How do I make the transition of getting my Life Fitness data synced to my Fitbit. My understanding is no manual entry of data is required.
Best Answer

Great to see you back @J-flex. It's really easy to integrate your Life Fitness workouts with your wearable tracking apps. Start by downloading the LFconnect app from the Apple or Google play stores. In the settings menu, select the apps you would like to connect and you’re ready. The next time you exercise on life Fitness equipment, open the LFconnect app and scan the QR code on screen to connect. Once you complete your workout, LFconnect automatically sends those results to the apps you've integrated.

This was found in the Life Fitness page, if you have any question about this app, please Contact them directly. 

Keep the stepping up! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
So the Fitbit will not sync directly with the life fitness equipment. So if I'm having to drag my phone around to every piece of equipment them I don't need a Fitbit as the LF equipment is more accurate than Fitbit
Best Answer

I am a Fitbit and Life Fitness Equipment user and have selected the Fitbit app to integrate with  LF Connect. How do I see the IMPROVED RESULTS in my Fitbit app after scanning the QR code on Life Fitness's elliptical and recumbent equipment?  Why integrate the two apps when I see no visible change / improvement in ether app. How does Fitbit use my information from Life Fitness' "LF Connect?
The only information I find on Life Fitness website:..."The next time you exercise on Life Fitness equipment, open the LFconnect app and scan the QR code on screen to connect. Once you complete your workout, LFconnect automatically sends those results to the apps (FITBIT) you've integrated."

Best Answer

Hello @iac, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community. Life Fitness equipment contributes a more accurate calorie count, taking into account speed and resistance. This gives you, and anyone else monitoring your activity, a holistic and accurate view if your fitness.

Life Fitness equipment actually interacts with Fitbit using the LFconnect app, you can instantly send workout data to Fitbit.

Not that this app is not officially supported, although there are many third party services that are not developed by Fitbit and is the third party who decides which and how the information is going to sync with Fitbit. To see the supported apps by Fitbit please visit: https://www.fitbit.com/partnership

If you still have more questions, please approach to LifeFitness support for more details.

Hope to see you around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

In the LifeFitnessConnect App go to Settings > then Bluetooth Settings > then scroll down to Fitness Apps, find where it says "Fit Bit" and switch on the button. You will be prompted to Log In to your Fit Bit account. Once you log in you will be asked to grant permission to LifeFitness to make changes. Then you are all set. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

I followed these steps but was unsuccessful.  I get a generic HTTP 500 error and the apps won't connect.  Thoughts?  

Best Answer

Hi there @Carrye and @SunsetRunner, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. 

I appreciate you have shared the steps to connect LifeFitnessConnect App @SunsetRunner. I took the liberty to follow the steps to see if I was able to replicate the error @Carrye reported before, but I wasn't able to obtain the same results.

LFC.jpg

@Carrye make sure both of your apps are updated and running the latest version. There is a new version for the Fitbit app in case you haven't try it yet. For more details review the following post. If the issue persists try to uninstall and reinstall LifeFitnessConnect App and try again the steps.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hello I have similar issue regarding syncing LF Connect to Fitbit. My Fitbit dashboard shows that I have LF Connect (connected) but on the LF Connect application when I try to push button to connect to Fitbit. The next screen opens but does nothing. (I don’t get the Fitbit login screen open as inn your screen shot.) I’ve tried uninstalling everything, logging out. All versions upto date. Just become very frustrating. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @HealthyJ

That does sound very frustrating. In this case I'd say that the best way to move forward would be to try and get in touch with LF directly so that they can check what could be happening. 

Please do keep us posted on how it goes or if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Awwww thank you soooo much!  With your instructions I understood right away.  You ROCK! 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @HeySunshine123.

Glad to read that you did find the steps listed in this thread! Hopefully everything continues to work correctly.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I cant link the two apps. It says invalid request

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Igone.

Thanks for trying to get it to work and letting us know it didn't work.

In this case, I'd recommend that you try to get in touch with their support team so that they can help you figure out what is going on. It is important to keep in mind that these integrations are developed by the third parties and thus they should be able to take a closer look at what is going on.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer