Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing a chest strap heart rate monitor

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to see Fitbit do a software update to the blaze so it will sync to a chest strap monitor. The heart rate on the watch does not work very well for me so I am having to wear my $30 Walmart Sportline watch when I work out so I can get a accurate heart rate through the chest strap that the watch sync's to. 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @AndrewRichards, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. Many supported integrations with third party service or with other devices, are not developed by our initiative, but by the third party service who use our open API.  

In the case of a chest strap we are talking of different technologies that it would be interesting to see in the future. I've seen a few ideas in our Suggestion board that I can recommend to visit and show your support if is of your interest too:

CHEST STRAP.

Add ability to use either wrist based or chest strap heart rate monitor.

Showing your support or sharing your own idea is a great way to let us know what you'd like to see in the future!

If you are experiencing some discrepancies with your hear rate try the recommendations from my good friend @SantiR.

See you around and thank you for your feedback.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Roberto

thanks for posting links to open api third party gadgets and software. I echo the need for Fitbit to enhance its heart rate monitor. Its not that it’s not accurate, it’s the time it takes to get an accurate reading. During my HIIT training beacause my heart rate is changing increasing and lowering in short invervals the watch does not seem to be able to read my heart rate accurately at any given point within the workout.  There is a 30 to 45 sec lag time before is it accurate, which renders it useless for HIIT training when you are closely monitoring heart rate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi which Walmart watch did u purchase that can connect to chest strap?

best

Best Answer
0 Votes