Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing exercise from my Charge HR to My Fitness Pal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

New to the Fitbit world. When I log my workout on my Fitbit (and then see it logged), I then look at My Fitness Pal to see if it synced to it. It is not. A 1.5 mile jog today, is showing on my dashboard, but on MFP it is only showing steps and the calories earned from steps.  Thought or help appreciated!

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

@mosesrn Welcome to the Fitbit Family! That's correct. Fitbit will sync just steps and calories burned to MyFitnessPal instead MyFitnessPal will sync food and activities to Fitbit. That's why you're seeing just steps synced to MFP even though you logged the whole activity in the Fitbit Dashboard. 

Personally, I recommend to log activities in MFP and just use your Fitbit tracker as usual. 

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So don't sync them or I will have duplicates in Fitbit? Frustrating, I thought it would work like map my fitness. Oh well. Thanks, I can make this work, just double steps like I was already doing with my polar. And if I don't sync The two apps I can not track my steps to MFP? Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@mosesrn You won't get duplicate activities if you use Fitbit and MyFitnessPal. Each third-party app will sync different information to Fitbit as an example in MapMyFitness won't sync any data to Fitbit however Fitbit will sync distance and calories. 

You can check this post to know what exactly is going to sync between Fitbit and MFP. There's a chart Smiley Happy

Also, make sure that you don't log step based activities in MyFitnessPal. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I was entering anything, step based or not in MFP, it was reshowing in Fitbit. I have I synced them and I am back to manually entering into MFP. Sad that with today's technology they don't sync. Love the Fitbit but was under the impression that they worked better together Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SilviaFitbit Thank you for the reply to this, as I am also a new Fitbit user and also having the same questions/issues as @mosesrn. I'm still a bit confused on potentially double-counting my activities/calorie burn. If I log an activity in MFP, it will say I've burned X calories. But at the same time, FB is syncing calories to MFP, so wouldn't it double-count it based on the calories FB thinks I have burned based on steps & HR? Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having trouble syncing MyFitness Pal and Fitbit. It shows that the application is connected on both Fitbit and MFP, but nothing syncs, including steps or calories burned. I was also hoping it would sync exercise and water intake from fitbit. It looks like I ahve to manually enter my excercise into MFP?

Please let me know how I can get these two apps to sync properly.

thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mosesrn That's correct any activity that you logged in MFP will sync to Fitbit. 

What syncs?

Fitbit > Steps > MFP
Fitbit > Calories > MFP
Fitbit > Aria measurements > MFP
MFP > Logged food > Fitbit
MFP > Activities > Fitbit

@vancouverwahine A warm welcome to the Fitbit Family! Let's clarify this: If you logged an activity in MFP it will sync to Fitbit so the calories that you burned while you weren't using your Fitbit but logged the activity counts toward your calorie goal. At the end there will be a calorie adjustment made in MFP to make sure that both accounts shows the same amount of calories burned. 

Note: You shouldn't log step based activities because you're wearing your tracker. 

@micktuck Welcome to the Community! Please check your Fitbit Dashboard to see if they are properly syncing: Go to your Dashboard > click on settings > Applications > If MyFitnessPal is there it means they are linked already. If they aren't follow this linking procedure.

You can check the previous chart to see what's going to sync between Fitbit and MFP, water won't sync to MFP. 

The steps and sleep data can be viewed in the check-in section of MFP. 

Note: You shouldn't log step based activities because you're wearing your tracker. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes Robot Happy

Best Answer

Hi so for example, I used my Fitbit charge2 tonight to track my excerise on the elliptical, where I burned 330 cal. But when I open the MFP, it just shows my steps for the day and adjustment of cals. But when I look at FB it shows my excerise for th elliptical as something separate, so my question is- can you track a FB excerise separate from the steps taken throughout the day? With it recording as an excerise in MFP? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @Breonnak! Currently, the exercise won't sync as a whole in MFP. It will sync just steps and calories burned just as it synced for the one that you just tracked with your Charge 2. 

You can learn more about this integration by checking this third-party post. Additionally, you may want to vote for this idea  Enable Exercise/Activities sync with MyFitnessPal, those are viewed by our engineers and developers. 

Hope this helps! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is possible that this question is being answered in the posts and I am just not understanding. I understand that FB will perform a calorie adjustment based on steps and calories burned during a workout (ex with weight or elliptical options of Charge2) on MyfitnessPal. So that being said, should I document say, an elliptical workout, in MFP if FB has already added the calorie adjustment? Or should I just accept the adjustment from FB as the only adjustment needed towards my exercise on MFP? I think myself and others are trying to determine if syncing a workout with MFP as well as entering manually will cause inaccurate caloric measurements. Just trying to figure out what to log in comparison with what syncs via FB. 

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @Admat! The calorie adjustment is going to be made based in the calories burned that you have in each account (Fitbit or MyFitnessPal). This means that just if you have more calories burned in one of the two, there's going to be a calorie adjustment

Based in the activities that you're doing, you should log it, just if you're not wearing your Fitbit tracker. If you're doing elliptical or treadmill, this may not give you the correct amount of steps because you're not moving from point A to point B. You can learn more about it by checking How do I track my exercise and activities with Fitbit?

Hope this clarifies any doubt! 

Best Answer

So, this is all a bit confusing. Let me suggest a scenario and tell me if I am correct.

My fitbit is linked to MFP. I go to the gym and select the elliptical trainer on my charge 2. Do my workout. My fitbit syncs and calories, steps and my workout is recorded on the fitbit app. Calories and steps are recorded on MFP.

Now, to record my workout on MFP do I add it on the app to record calories burnt out do I leave it as it shoulder have recorded and synced them along with the steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @11Mike. Yes, you're correct. You go to the gym select elliptical trainer on your Charge 2 and then your steps and calories will be linked to your MFP account and you'll also have this activity in your Fitbit account. 

After this, you don't have to do anything else because it has been recorded on both applications. Because if you log it in MFP it will sync to Fitbit, so then you'll have duplicate information. 

Hope this clarifies any doubt! Robot Happy

Best Answer

So let me get this straight...

If I lift weights, and log it on my Fitbit Blaze, it won't show up on MFP.

But if I log it on MFP, it will show up on FB?

So basically, I can lift weights, have everything tracked by my Fitbit, but the information is useless unless I want to re-log it on MFP and have duplicates on Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @WhiskeyLove13! Yes, if you log your activities on MyFitnessPal they will sync to Fitbit. However, Fitbit activities won't sync to MFP, only the data such as steps and calories burned. 

This integration is always trying to mix the information from each one. Even though the Fitbit activity won't sync to MFP, it will sync the most important data such as calories burned from weights activity. 

Hope this clarifies any doubt! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I have a fitbit Versa and have recorded a workout on my fitbit that shows up on my fitbit app but not in myfitnesspal. It just shows the steps/calorie adjustment - how can I get it to show the calories burnt from this specific exercise?

Best Answer
0 Votes