Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing training with MFP

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I was wondering if it's possible to just sync my calories burned from weight training to MFP and not the calories burned from the stepcounter.

At the moment im eating 1920 calories for weightloss on my resting days and on my training days i just add the calories burned from weight training (usually around 640 calories). 

The problem is that fitbit syncs the calories burned from my stepcounter to MFP and adds another 600 calories. I don't want the steps to be synced because it counts the movement from lets say a dumbbell curl as a step.

Is this possible?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@TimoR welcome to the forums! I'll do my best to answer your questions. Your steps sync from your Fitbit tracker to MyFitnessPal because this integration is what we call a two-way integration meaning that some info from both apps will be transferred to between each other. The information that is transferred from MyFitnessPal to Fitbit are food, weight and activities. Activities will show as manually logged activities in Fitbit. However, these activities won't count towards leaderboards/challenges.

Now the information that is transferred from Fitbit to MyFitnessPal are steps and weight logs. For more information about the integration between MyFitnessPal and Fitbit check out this post by @AndrewFitbit.

You can propose to make changes to our devs in the Feature Suggestion board. I've tried to find for a similar idea but wasn't able to find any. Add a new one so people can vote for it! 

Good luck! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer