Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Alta doesn't sync with Weight Watchers?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
The only reason I got this Fitbit is that I wanted easy syncing between the apps. Am I missing something? There was actually a message from Fitbit that this model isn't compatible, but it seems hard to believe...
Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hello @MarianneG, good to see you around in our community. The Fitbit tracker doesn't determined if an integration is compatible. Weight Watcher is compatible with your Fitbit account. Although note that activities tracked by Fitbit will be converted to activity "PointsPlus" and credited to the yours Weight Watcher's account.

Also you can try to re-link your account with WW. To do this you need to revoke the access from your applications settings on your Fitbit account and after that follow these steps:

1.  On the Weight Watchers subscriber homepage click Login in the top right corner. 

User-added image

2. In the Log In window, confirm your Weight Watchers user name and password and click Log In.

User-added image

3. Click the profile icon in the top right corner and then click Settings

User-added image

4. Click the Activity tab and click Connect to a device or app.

User-added image

5. Select Fitbit from the choices and click Continue

User-added image

User-added image

6. Log in using your Fitbit account credentials.

User-added image

7. Once logged in, you will be redirected back to the Weight Watchers Settings page.

User-added image

Hope this issued has been resolved by now and you don't need my tips and keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I tried the steps in the previous post but I didn't get the Fitbit Login screen.  After clicking continue in Step 5, I was taken directly to step 7.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @ugafan72! Thanks for following the steps provided by @RobertoME. I believe the reason why you weren't taken to that screen is because you were logged into your account so it automatically linked them. 

You can double check that your accounts were successfully linked by going to your Dashboard > click on settings > applications > MyFitnessPal. 

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank you SilviaFitBit.  Unfortunately, it did not work.  When I go to my FitBit app it tells me that Weight Watchers is not available for my device.  I have the FitBit Alta.  Smiley Sad

Best Answer

Thanks for those details @ugafan72! In this case, I would recommend to contact Weight Watchers because I've seen that some users haven't been able to sync Fitbit with this app and they are getting the error message that this app isn't supported anymore. 

Weight Watchers is still listed as supported in our apps

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just followed the steps and successfully connected my new Charge 2

Best Answer

@ugafan72Might want to contact WW support and ask why Alta is not supported.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone gotten the Alta to sync with Weight Watchers?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No not yet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @triciam1971 and @ugafan72! Have you tried this procedure in order to link Fitbit with WeightWatchers? Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're getting that's not letting connect both applications?

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot get my Alta to sync with the Weight Watchers either.

Best Answer

I also have an Alta and it will not connect to weight watchers. 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Butterflyhawk and @JTudor88! Have you tried the procedure posted above? This should connect your Fitbit account with Weight Watchers. If you have but you're getting any error, I would like you to contact Weight Watchers directly because it's listed as a supported app in our end. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there. I also jut bought the Alta and I did all the steps. When I got to final step and clicked update it doesn't act like it's connected, but I went into my WW APP and it's there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @GloG! That's pretty weird. Another way to confirm that your accounts are linked is by going to your Dashboard > settings > applications > Weight Watchers. If you see the app there and in WW account, both should be connected. 

Additionally, make sure that you're doing this procedure to connect both apps. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I got them linked  

Best Answer

I'm glad to hear that you were able to link both applications @GloG

Hope I can continue seeing you around. You may want to check the Discussions Board and meet new people or get healthy adviceRobot Happy

Best Answer

I haven't been able to get my Alta to even show up as a device on the Weight Watchers app. I've tried to set it up in both desktop and mobile versions. I've contacted WW customer service and tech help and they weren't any help. I just got a "Very sorry." I'm frustrated and disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes