Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track cardio wearing a Fitbit with Myfitnesspal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Flex 2 (for steps) and my Myfitnesspal (for diet) are set to sync.  When I do cardio on an elliptical or bike, I've been entering the start time and number of minutes in the Myfitnesspal app.  Recently, I've noticed that when I do this I'm doubling the number of active minutes that get logged in my Fitbit app.  That didn't used to happen.  It's a recent change.  Since my goal is to not eat more calories than I'm burning on a daily basis, it's important to capture accurate calorie burn against food intake.  What is the proper way to capture active minutes associated with aerobic exercise so I'm not going over my daily calorie budget?  Thank you!  

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Forums @CarolynNatrin.

There are two ways in which you could go about it for this.

Given that your Flex 2 has the ability to automatically track your activities, you could rely on that to be tracked and logged and then synced to your MFP account. Alternatively, you could remove your Flex 2 when doing those activities and continue to manually log them and avoiding the duplicate calories. 

I'd say that trusting in the Fitbit would be the most convenient way to go about it.

Hope you find this useful! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes