Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking activities with fitbit one + myfitnesspal + garmin 220

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

What is the best way to use my Fitbit One alongside MFP (for the food diary) and a Garmin Connect (for running).

I have MFP linked with Fitbit and Garmin Connect but when I check my Fitbit dashboard I seem to be doubling up on calories burned from my Fitbit (activity tracking) and through MFP (which logs my Garmin runs).

I hope this makes sense as i'm completely confused on what is the best way to intergrate the apps!

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @emzj, welcome aboard to our community. Well in this case Garmin cannot connect with Fitbit but you can integrate with MyFitnessPal. This will sync your running activities with MFP and this will sync your activities with your Fitbit account. So you will have your Garmin activities on your Fitbit account indirectly.

The key to avoid this double your calories burned ç, is to avoid any of those activities not crossed with any exercise from your Fitbit account. So in this case if you track your run with your One using the exercise mode or any other method to track activities and on top of that MFP is syncing also activities it will increase your calorie burn because you are entering twice this exercise. This is one of the most common scenarios.

So my advice here is track your run activities with Garmin and this will be synced with MFP which will sync your food and your exercise with your Fitbit account. If you do this is not require to start any activity record with your One, just wear it and any activity logged will overwrite your calories and steps to avoid false information.

I know is complicate but let me know if this helps and I'll be around if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes