Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer data from Garmin to Fitbit in bulk?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently switched back to Fitbit from Garmin. I'd love to bring my data with me. For example, I'd love to grab all of my data from 2022 in bulk. What options are available to me?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You could use the Health Sync app, however, it does have certain limitations. You are trying to sync data from the more complex platform into a less complex one which means that lots of data will be lost (for example, you won't sync heart rate, the GPS activities will lose the GPS data etc.). The Health Sync can sync historical data (for a given period) although, during testing, I haven't managed to sync some data (like my virtual rides on Zwift, they never appeared on my Fitbit account). You probably won't be able to sync data which are not "importable" (like heart rate history, which can be only synced into Google Fit and Samsung Health). The sleep data can be synced only with sleep periods but without sleep stages. You can sync the following data:

• Steps
  • Activities (with limitations)
  • Sleep (only periods, no stages or any other data)
  • Weight

To sync historical data you need to pay for the app (not much though, check the trial, if it works for you then probably it's worth it).

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

You could use the Health Sync app, however, it does have certain limitations. You are trying to sync data from the more complex platform into a less complex one which means that lots of data will be lost (for example, you won't sync heart rate, the GPS activities will lose the GPS data etc.). The Health Sync can sync historical data (for a given period) although, during testing, I haven't managed to sync some data (like my virtual rides on Zwift, they never appeared on my Fitbit account). You probably won't be able to sync data which are not "importable" (like heart rate history, which can be only synced into Google Fit and Samsung Health). The sleep data can be synced only with sleep periods but without sleep stages. You can sync the following data:

• Steps
  • Activities (with limitations)
  • Sleep (only periods, no stages or any other data)
  • Weight

To sync historical data you need to pay for the app (not much though, check the trial, if it works for you then probably it's worth it).

Best Answer

@5errr just to update, I don't seem to be getting synced even new activities from my Garmin account into Fitbit with Health Sync app. I suggest use trial version to see if it works for you before you pay for it. It definitely doesn't work for me and I'm not aware of any other option. I tested it with Samsung Health and Google Fit and sync into those services worked so with Fitbit it could be just random issue or whole thing won't work at all.

Best Answer