Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeSync Third Party Scale stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

First I saw the other post, the app stopped integration after the last update 

I contacted VeSync and have tried repairing multiple times. The issue is on FitBit side with all the other issues going on with this app. I understand Google had layoffs, but this is ridiculous.

With every major update the app gets buggier and worse. There is no concern for a positive user experience which is unacceptable for a Google product.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I don't know on which end the problem is, but about three weeks ago, my Vesync app stopped syncing data with Fitbit as well.

I can "resolve" this by disabling third-party app access for Vesync in Fitbit and then disconnecting and reconnecting Fitbit in Vesync.  But I have to do this every day, so it's not really a solution.

It literally worked almost perfectly until the first of this year... the only real "issue" was I had to manually sync in the Vesync app to get the data over to the Fitbit app.  I know both apps issued updates around that time, so I'm not sure which one broke this connection.
Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  The Vesync app worked seamlessly until the beginning of this year.  It just worked for YEARS.  Please get the bugs worked out and fix this!  I've been a Fitbit wearer for years, but the issues with the app are making me rethink my next purchase.

Best Answer

So I did get a response from Etekcity.  It looks like it's something on their end, and they expect to have a fix to the Vesync app shortly.

Thank you for providing the information. We have forwarded this issue to our app development team for analysis. The analysis indicates that there is indeed an issue with Fitbit data synchronization. Currently, there are two solutions:

We will soon release the latest version that addresses this problem. Please download the update when version 5.0.70 becomes available. The new version is expected to be released next week.

For the current version (5.0.60), we suggest unbinding and then rebinding Fitbit to refresh the token. Afterward, weigh yourself again to sync the data. Please note that the binding information will expire after 1 day, so you will need to reauthorize the data synchronization daily. Due to the inconvenience of having to rebind daily, we recommend that you wait for the upcoming updated version. 

We appreciate your understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As an update to this, it appears the link between Vesync and Fitbit is working again with the latest Vesync update to version 5.0.70.  I had to revoke access in Fitbit and then go into Vesync, disconnect and reconnect and then re-allow access to refresh the tokens and everything.  Once I did that, it seems to be working again.

Thanks,
Scott

Best Answer

Yesterday, the apps became linked again and I did nothing to either app to udpate any software or app.  I did notice that Vesync was still connected to MyFitnessPal, I wondered if it wasn't FitBit app.  Either way, things are working again....YAY!!

Best Answer