Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 and Fiit phone app not connecting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had to reconnect my Versa 3 to my phone and Fitbit app because I got a new Wifi router. Now, whenever I try to use the Fiit app, the Android app recognises my Fitbit and attempts to connect, however on the Versa 3, it doesn't connect the heart rate and just say "Connecting...Start a class in the app". I have disconnected everything, and reconnected, I have deleted the Fiit app and redownloaded it (on both the Versa 3 and my phone), but nothing works. I've done the Fiit and Fitbit instructions several times and those are resulting in the same issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @KaiJohn 

I’d be completely lying if I said I was familiar with the Fiit Phone App but I did want to at least try and help in someway. I dug around a bit and found this: https://help.fiit.tv/en/articles/4532754-i-m-having-trouble-connecting-my-fitbit

😃 I hope this helps. Please let me know

Best Answer

Thanks for trying! I've already tried the steps both Fitbit and Fiit support say in their help pages, and neither rectify the issue, unfortunately, hence why I'm at such a loss! But I appreciate the effort in trying to help! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

🤔 Just a thought @KaiJohn ….I wonder if setting up your Versa 3 as a new device might work. It certainly wouldn’t hurt to try. You won’t lose any data settings it back up. But you will lose anything that occurred “after” your last successful sync.

If your wanting to try it here’s how….but I think I would delete the Fiit Phone App first, restart your phone then proceed. My thinking is starting everything fresh. 

To set up your Versa 3 as a new device follow these steps closely: 

1. On your phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth > the information icon next to the name of your Fitbit device > Forget This Device if your on an iOS device or tap unpair if your on an Android device 
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections that are nearby.
  3. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. 
  4. Log out of the Fitbit App then force shut the Fitbit app by swiping it upwards 
  5. Restart your phone.
  6. Restart your Fitbit:  https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186.htm
  7. Log back into the Fitbit app, tap on your profile picture then scroll down and tap Set Up a Device.
  8. Choose your Fitbit from the list and follow the onscreen instructions. When asked if you want to replace your Versa 3 say yes.

Once you have the Fitbit App and your Versa 3 working in harmony then I would try reinstalling the Fiit Phone App. Hopefully starting everything from scratch might eradicate any hiccups that might be lingering. 

😃 Let me know how it goes if you decide to set it up as new again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate this tip! I unfortunately already tried doing that too, and got the app to recognise the Versa 3 but the watch still doesn't link up to it even though the phone can see it and tries to connect 🙃😅 I've been avoiding doing a factory reset, but that may be the only option at this rate! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KaiJohn Have you tried clearing your cache? On you phone's settings, tap on Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.

Also you might want to troubleshoot with this article here:https://www.myhealthyapple.com/fitbit-not-connecting-to-wi-fi-try-these-steps/  It’s loaded with awesome tips. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Changing a router does not require reconnecting the Versa 3 to your phone.This disconnection may be the cause. Your Versa 3 is connected to your Fitbit Account, then the Fitbit App connects the Versa 3 to the phone. 

Changing the router will require restarting the WiFi settings on the Versa 3. 

My thought would be to revoke access to Fiit. This can be done here

Now I would setup of Fiit. 

If you are still having issues, it is best to contact Fiit support

Best Answer
0 Votes