Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 Cross country ski not syncing to strava

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I got my versa 4 I was extremely pleased to find that cross country skiing had been added as an activity. Previously, on my versa, I was logging my skis as hikes...

However it seems that the cross country ski exercise is not being synced to my strava (unlike my hikes and bikes which sync fine).  I was able to export and upload the tcx which is a pain.

I would like not to go back and log my skis as hikes in fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Boliver101 only subset of GPS activities sync to Strava. Before new GPS activities appeared, then Fitbit was saying that simply GPS activities sync but this isn't true anymore. Only the subset is being synced automatically now, not all the GPS exercises as before (Run, Bike, Walk, not sure if Hike, too).

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Boliver101 only subset of GPS activities sync to Strava. Before new GPS activities appeared, then Fitbit was saying that simply GPS activities sync but this isn't true anymore. Only the subset is being synced automatically now, not all the GPS exercises as before (Run, Bike, Walk, not sure if Hike, too).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sigh.  

Hiking does synch.  Last winter I logged all cross country skiing as hikes and renamed them when they were uploaded to Strava.  It looks like I'm going to have to decide whether to continue to do this this year or go through the tcx upload process so it is logged as a ski on both platforms.

I'm quite disappointed with my versa 4 upgrade.  They also depreciated the auto pause feature for the GPS activities (including hiking).  It seems that the original versa was a better product.  None of this was documented clearly before I bought it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa 4 seems to only sync biking to Strava. Extremely disappointed. I have had issues with previous watches. 

Very bad not fulfilling the purpose I have bought the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes