Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not syncing with strava or my fitness pal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the Versa for about three weeks now and overall very impressed.  However, my swims are not syncing with strava or myfitness pal and none of my data is syncing with myfitness pal, I have de authorised several time on both sides of each account restarted my watch and still it doesn’t work, this is really frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Weby, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community and I'm glad to see you are enjoying your Fitbit Versa. My apologies for the late response and what you are experiencing, will depend on what information sync with these two integrations. 

In this case, the Versa watch is not the one syncing with your third party accounts. Note that all data recorded with your Versa, will be sync to your Dashboard and from here, will be shared to other integrations based on certain conditionals:

MyFitnessPal, will not received exercise you have done in Fitbit. The calories of this exercise will be translated in to your MyFitnessPal account as a calorie adjustment. For more details please review this post.

Same deal is with the Strava integration. Exercises with GPS data recorded with Fitbit will be sent to Strava and heart rate data will be included when it's available. Exercises recorded with Fitbit's app or devices that do not include GPS data are not currently sent to Strava and swimming is not a GPS activity.

To know more about third party integrations and how your data will interact, please refer to this post: Third Party Apps - Informational Post.

Just a heads up, I relocate your post from our Versa board to our Third Party Integratrion forunm, since your topic aling more with this board.

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitness Pal has another app called UA Record. I had to download that app which gets information from Fitbit. I then selected UA Record as the fitness tracker on the My Fitness Pal app and I am able to see my steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi thanks for your reply, the swimming data makes sense, cause it’s not GPS, although I had a Samsung which did sync swimming to MFP and that didn’t have data.  Re MyFitnessPal my calories aren’t converting either from Fitbit.  Thanks though you’ve cleared a few things up

Update:

Thanks very much I will give that a go 

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes