Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight sync is incorrect with Withings and FitBit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I re-integrated back into Fitbit last weekend and everything has worked and synced great...until the last FitBit Android update on 11/16/2020. I've tested a few scenarios and the issue is consistent.

What happens? Withings will report a weight...and the below happens:

-Step on Withings and Scale shows 201.9...Fitbit shows 201.8

-I manually enter 205.0 in HealthMate app to test...FitBit syncs and shows 204.9. Rounding down issue shouldn't occur since I manually entered a solid 205.0 on Withings.

FYI, the weight sync is spot on for other connections like MFP, LoseIt, Cronometer...only FitBit is have this .1 adjustment.

I've read that Fitbit just fixed the Withings sync...so anyone else having this rounding down issue?

Versa 3 | Windows 10 | Pixel 4a 5G | 10K Daily | FitBit Food Tracking
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

and it looks like it's fixed...woo-hoo!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Today...when it syncs:

Heathmate shows 205.1...FitBit website shows 205.1...Fitbit Android App shows 205.0.

When app syncs again, it overwrites the correct web entries and put it at 205.0.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've read others have seen this 0.1 error which is about the weight of 1.5 ounces of water. Considering a typical persons weight will fluctuate up to 5 pounds throughout the day... 

Best Answer

Whilst I agree with @Rich_Laue in saying that it's the tiniest of discrepancies, that doesn't mean it should be dismissed or ignored. Hopefully some more users will be able to confirm if they too are seeing the issue.

I remember a similar thing happening with the Aria 2 when it was first released. The app was always a 0.1 difference to what the scale screen displayed. Yes it wasn't a massive issue, but annoying none the less. Thankfully that issue was fixed some time ago. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Nathan. This is more about data accuracy. The scale syncs the correct numbers to MyFitnessPal and Lose It but not Fitbit so that tells me it's Fitbit... and Fitbit was accurate on this prior to the last Android app update. 

Best Answer

It has been several months since users noticed that manually added weight is off by 0.1. 

Best Answer

Rich...this is off whether manually added or synced from stepping on the scale. For me it started last week with the new Android app update. 

Best Answer

Any updates on this, Fitbit Support?

Best Answer
0 Votes

and it looks like it's fixed...woo-hoo!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm at the very first step. How do you link withings scale to ionic fitbit?  Is there a weblink i need to go to?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BravoCs you connect the 2 accounts from your Withings Account. 

Note your scale does not connect to your Ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow! Thanks rich. I just connected the accounts! I used
fitbit.com/weight/withings and clicked thru several screens.. i had to zoom
out to see screen below to begin the clicks. And it uploaded all my
withing data into fitbit account. Now to see if it continues accurately
while I use the Ionic.
Best Answer
0 Votes

To connect your Fitbit and Withings accounts: Visit fitbit.com/weight/withings and tap or click Start the Withings Connection Wizard. Follow the on-screen instructions to link your Fitbit account with your Withings account. When your Fitbit and Withings accounts are linked, your daily Withings scale weight and body fat percentage measurements will automatically show up in your Fitbit dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! This link did work this time.  My withings scale is linked with my ionic fitbit. Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes