Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best app set up (Apple Health, Nokia Body+, Charge 2, etc.)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all.Now I'm nearly 40 I want to keep better track of my health. I'm averagely fit, 5' 8 and 10 stone (so slim). I've got some 'minor' health issues (ADHD, arthritis in feet, depression, family history of high cholesterol). Plus about 3 months ago I turned vegan.

I've been using the following for a while now:

• Charge 2 for activity (mainly everyday walking, casual football and casual gym)
  • Myfitnesspal to log calories (the database is streets ahead of Fitbit)

Those two play nicely together, with the fitbit app the main source of info for the last few months. This was enough.

I have an iPhone X but have never bothered with Apple Health integration (it just always seemed to overwhelmingly complicated).

I've just bought a Nokia Body+ scale to keep track of my weight, body fat etc. Installed the Nokia Health app, enabled it's links with Apple Health, Myfitnesspal etc. I added the scales to my Fitbit dashboard.

I'm now a bit overwhelmed and can't see how best to manage any of it. There's sources of data everywhere, Apple Health gives the step count to the scales, Fitbit and Myfitnesspal talk to each other.

I want to

• get in better shape (I don't want to be running marathons, maybe a 5k and some toning)
  • monitor my health (blood pressure, heart rate etc)
  • track progress (getting leaner, stronger etc)
  • Eat well and eat enough (as a vegan this can be tricky and my ADHD meds kill my appetite)

What's the best way through all this mess please? Someone must have cracked a decent system?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @simonrhurt. Welcome to the Forums.

From what you are saying, I'd say that MFP and Fitbit cover most of the needs that you mentioned. I'd say that you stay with those two for the time being. You could then link MFP to your Nokia Body+ and those should talk to each other. That way you can have MFP as a central hub that the other two feed into.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes