Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When connecting to Facebook I get " one of these accounts is already linked."

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I keep getting this notification when trying to connect to Facebook. I have tried the following to rectify it but it still wont connect despite my Facebook account notifying me that my fit bit app has connected with it.

*I have removed all devices logged into my Fit bit 

*cleared cache on both Fit bit and Facebook app

* logged into Facebook and removed the fit bit app 

*uninstalled fit bit and reinstalled

*deleted my fit bit charge from my account and reinstalled as a new device.

Nothing is working, BUT my Facebook says the app is connected?

Anyone know how to fix this please?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

hi @Niccinackynoo 

I'll assume you are trying to connect to find Fitbit friends that are also facebook friends and that you do not want to log into fitbit through Facebook

Your issue is between your Fitbit account and your Facebook account.

I followed these instructions to unlinked Fitbit. I received the same error when trying to link the accounts.

Screenshot_20200804-041312_Chrome.jpg

Now when I try and add facebook, I receive a message in the notification center that the two accounts are linked. Then I get the error you see, but my accounts are now linked.

Best Answer

I am also getting this problem...please help

Best Answer

Same thing is happening to me

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Msyoung79 @Aly1310 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I would like you to double check that neither your Fitbit or Facebook account are linked to another account previously. For example, if you had another Fitbit account and then created another one, your existing Facebook account is going to be linked to the old Fitbit account. 

Please confirm you're following this procedure to unlink any Fitbit app from Facebook

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep getting this same message and have already follow the steps to remove the app on FB. Still getting the same message after.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my first fit bit so I never had an account linked to fitbit on Facebook...despite this, I did follow the steps to unlink my fit... but even though I do that when I go back to connect my fit bit to fb it tells me the same thing. 

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issues with mine as well, have followed all of the steps above, this is my first Fitbit account so I can't see that it would end up being that reason. I'm finding that I can't even add friends through contact info; just gives me an error every time

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. First fitbit, but my app is saying that "one of my facebook accounts is all ready linked" so I can't connect to any of my friends. And when I go to my facebook, fitbit isn't linked at all so I can't unlink it. 

Best Answer

How about when you go to your list of connected apps for your Fitbit account.

You might be looking in the wrong facebook account. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. Checked facebook and removed Fitbit and checked on my apps for fitbit and facebook is not connected to revoke access. But I still get the error message one of these accounts is already linked. Can someone help please? 

Best Answer

i am also having the same problem. I have removed the fitbit permission in facebook. When i go back to fitbit it authenticates with facebook and then says one of the accounts is already linked. Went on the fitbit support chat yesterday and after 30 minutes of chatting they suggested I get in touch with a facebook developer!!!

Best Answer

I'm facing the same issue. I have delinked my Facebook account by following the procedure mentioned, but I still get the message and am unable to add friends 

Best Answer

I've done all the steps. I was able to add my facebook pw. then nothing. Right back where I started. Even signed out and signed back in . Nothing

Best Answer

Just got myself a fitbit charge 4, I got it only because the abilty to add friends and compare my stats with them because most of my friends are using fitbit. I am getting the same error and am unable to add any friends, it is defienitly an issue from fitbit, because as we see many people are fighting the same problem, it isnt so hard to react and contact your devs to fix this problem, but you guys keep ignoring it and staying your app is fine, its not.

Best Answer

Exactly, I reached out for support and they said that I should have signed up with my Facebook in the beginning when I made the account. How is that good support?

Best Answer

If your first sign up from the android app there isn't even an option to sign up with facebook, pretty ironic answer from the support.

Best Answer

I have the same issue I've removed Fitbit from my Facebook account but as soon as I try to add it again I get the message pop up

Best Answer
Can someone actually help us or are we all forgotten?
Best Answer

I'm having this same problem and getting a 500 error when looking at the network traffic in developer tools when trying it on chrome. The error message says "Unable to create Facebook account" though of course I'm not trying to do that. I unlocked, logged in using Facebook, tried to link then again, had to log into Facebook, and got that message.  Let me know if I can provide other information, it's super frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes