Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When connecting to Facebook I get " one of these accounts is already linked."

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I keep getting this notification when trying to connect to Facebook. I have tried the following to rectify it but it still wont connect despite my Facebook account notifying me that my fit bit app has connected with it.

*I have removed all devices logged into my Fit bit 

*cleared cache on both Fit bit and Facebook app

* logged into Facebook and removed the fit bit app 

*uninstalled fit bit and reinstalled

*deleted my fit bit charge from my account and reinstalled as a new device.

Nothing is working, BUT my Facebook says the app is connected?

Anyone know how to fix this please?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

When I go to the connect with facebook page on the fitbit dashboard, it says that a pop up should appear and gives me the button to connect with facebook. I click on that and nothing happens. I've deleted the app from facebook. When I go to fitbit, it doesn't show facebook as a third party app so I'm confused as to how to go right now...

Best Answer
0 Votes

For some reason people think not is so wonderful to connect to facebook to find friends.

Yes this will work as long as your Facebook friends have also connected their Fitbit accounts.

It really is so much easier to simply put a post on facebook with a link to your profile. Then your Facebook Fitbit friends can click on this link. 

To find your profile, click on your name in the comunity, then click, go to profile.

Best Answer

I reached out to customer service this afternoon regarding this and did not get anywhere with them as far as a solution. They advised me that they were escalating it to a higher level representative and that I'd hear back via e-mail. This was after they told me that my app on my phone had something to do with me not being able to connect my Facebook to find friends on the web browser. 

I hope they come up with a solution soon, because it is annoying that this is supposed to be a community, but they make it so difficult to connect with people!

Best Answer

Same problem here since I got my fitbit 2 weeks ago. I hope the problem will be fix soon.

Best Answer