Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Supernatural VR be supported to integrate with Fitbit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a long time Fitbit user and was disappointed that out of all the fitness trackers that the  Supernatural VR workout did pair with, Fitbit was not one of them. My thought process was give them time.

3 years later they still have not figured out how to work with Supernatural in pairing their heart rate settings. 

Is there any news in this happening in the near future? Or does Fitbit not consider Supernatural VR users a large enough target audience to make a difference if they switch their trackers? Because honestly that's the direction I'm heading, as much as I'd hate to.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@LZeeW as @Dopovo said, the missing piece of the puzzle is in Fitbit's hand. Supernatural doesn't seem to integrate data between accounts (I see no such integration even for Garmin) and the problem is that to get HR readings in the Supernatural user needs an HR sensor. Some watches can broadcast HR, others can't (Garmins can but not all). Fitbit could implement the broadcasting feature entirely in the mobile app (which already receives real-time HR readings). That would make any Fitbit tracker/watch compatible with this feature. Lower hanging fruit to pick than implementing BT broadcasting on the watch but I don't believe it's going to happen.

@STKrown101 Even if Fitbit implements HR broadcasting you'll probably find it quite inaccurate (due to the type of motion Supernatural requires). With Supernatural, I would probably use a chest strap (despite I can broadcast HR from my Garmin watch) or one of the armbands (like Polar Verity Sense). I don't see any ability for workout data integration between Supernatural and Fitbit (or even Garmin) so the source of the HR data doesn't matter from Fitbit's viewpoint (it's not gonna be synced back anyway). I don't use Supernatural but I use several virtual cycling apps. I could broadcast HR with my Garmin watch when I ride in the Zwift app but I prefer using a chest strap for accuracy (although, Zwift syncs the workout back to my Garmin account and that includes captured HR). Conclusion is that 1) this feature isn't coming 2) get either a watch that can broadcast HR or better - use a chest strap.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @STKrown101 and welcome to the Community.  Any integration will start on the Supernatural side of things.  I found this FAQ page that says that says it requires an integration that Supernatural does not support.  Fitbit isn't the only brand that isn't supported.

I'm moving your post to the Third Party Integration forum, a better fit for your question.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@LZeeW Not in this case. Peloton integrates with trackers as source of heart rate. No Fitbit is capable to broadcast heart rate and the related feature request has been made back in 2015 and closed by Fitbit as not planned. There is nothing the other developers can do if Fitbit doesn't provide such feature.

In the past the guys from FitOn were able to overcome such limitation developing an app running on Versa series but the recent closure of SDK for newest smartwatches Versa 4 / Sense 2 make this now impossible.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

@LZeeW as @Dopovo said, the missing piece of the puzzle is in Fitbit's hand. Supernatural doesn't seem to integrate data between accounts (I see no such integration even for Garmin) and the problem is that to get HR readings in the Supernatural user needs an HR sensor. Some watches can broadcast HR, others can't (Garmins can but not all). Fitbit could implement the broadcasting feature entirely in the mobile app (which already receives real-time HR readings). That would make any Fitbit tracker/watch compatible with this feature. Lower hanging fruit to pick than implementing BT broadcasting on the watch but I don't believe it's going to happen.

@STKrown101 Even if Fitbit implements HR broadcasting you'll probably find it quite inaccurate (due to the type of motion Supernatural requires). With Supernatural, I would probably use a chest strap (despite I can broadcast HR from my Garmin watch) or one of the armbands (like Polar Verity Sense). I don't see any ability for workout data integration between Supernatural and Fitbit (or even Garmin) so the source of the HR data doesn't matter from Fitbit's viewpoint (it's not gonna be synced back anyway). I don't use Supernatural but I use several virtual cycling apps. I could broadcast HR with my Garmin watch when I ride in the Zwift app but I prefer using a chest strap for accuracy (although, Zwift syncs the workout back to my Garmin account and that includes captured HR). Conclusion is that 1) this feature isn't coming 2) get either a watch that can broadcast HR or better - use a chest strap.

Best Answer