Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withings change to Oauth 2.0 Nokia / Withings Healthmate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I cannot get my Nokia(Withing) scale measurements imported with the fitbit tool.

https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings

It does access my account and I'm allowed to select a profile but there is an error when trying to download my data.

• Unable to download Withings data at this time. Withings server returned the following error: Cannot set value of the field additionalMeasurements Field: more

My email is correctly in lowercase as previous posts on this matter suggests.

Fails on both Crome and Edge browers.

Withings does not have any settings on https://healthmate.withings.com/ that seems to be of help.

I'm currently trying to use IFTTT.com to sync but so far it's been less than ideal. For example the weight is doubled when syncing which gave us a good laugh at first..

Pulling my hair over this, especially after reading a fair bit on this forum about syncing before buying the scale.

Is this because Withings is changing to oAuth 2.0?

If not, will it become an issue when they change?

Is it possible for a developer to take a second look at this Withings to Fitbit tool?

Here is some information from Withings regarding their API changes:

http://developer.withings.com/oauth2/release.html

http://developer.withings.com/oauth2/#tag/introduction

Any and all help that you have is most apprieciated.

This is a present for my wife and the Fitbit integration was a key selling point.

Shes using a Fitbit charge 3.

Thank you!

/Marlenes husband Ola 

Best Answer
135 REPLIES 135

I contacted Withings and got this response:

“Hello,

Thank you for contacting Withings Customer Support. I apologize because of the data from your Body Cardio scale did not transfer to your Fitbit account. I'd be glad to help.

After the update concerning Fitbit, our developers have made a decision to change the process of transferring of data from Health Mate app to Fitbit. You will need to switch from Fitbit to Withings.

I have included a link that will give you an overview of it. You can click here to learn more.

Let me know if this helps.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Ronnie”

It doesn’t really answer anything. I have responded to them and await their reply.

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I'm reading this correctly, they've taken it upon themselves to mug off all their customers who use Fitbit, and now we have to transfer to data from the Fitbit app to withings to use that instead?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think that's a generic response. We need to wait on Fitbit to review it. Have they been contacted? Do they review these forums? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brimmers wrote:

I contacted Withings and got this response:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Withings Customer Support. I apologize because of the data from your Body Cardio scale did not transfer to your Fitbit account. I'd be glad to help.

After the update concerning Fitbit, our developers have made a decision to change the process of transferring of data from Health Mate app to Fitbit. You will need to switch from Fitbit to Withings.

I have included a link that will give you an overview of it. You can click here to learn more.

Let me know if this helps.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Ronnie”

It doesn’t really answer anything. I have responded to them and await their reply.

"You will need to switch from Fitbit to Withings."

I hope that the solution that Withings is suggesting is not "change to Withings tracker. Has anyone been contacted by Fitbit or at least know if they are looking into the issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is not a great answer from Withings...if you click on that link it looks like they aren't going to work with Fitbit to fix it at all...

The scale data is still transferring correctly to "My Fitness Pal", that I also have linked to the Fitbit app.  I would think somehow the data can be picked up there.

Has anyone from Fitbit seen this or responded?!

Fitbit Developers - here is the link to the Withings API data and new requirements:

https://developer.health.nokia.com/oauth2/#

Also Fitbit, why is there no space to manually log the time of the weigh in?  It used to come across with the auto-import, so there's obviously a field for it. 🙂

Best Answer

My weight still synced with Runkeeper, so if Withing's response is accurate, they appear to only be cutting out Fitbit.

I don't know why Fitbit isn't grabbing my weight from Runkeeper instead though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do now see a message at the top of that page that Withings sent you to that says "We have noticed an issue affecting data sharing between Health Mate and Fitbit. We are working on fixing this connection, and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

So, that's promising!  Smiley Happy

https://support.withings.com/hc/en-us/articles/205997208

Best Answer

That does indeed look promising.

I was hoping for Fitbit to make a comment or something regarding the issue.

Mostly to calm my own concerns about my purchase. Smiley Wink

The change to oAuth 2.0 is a bit worrying as this issue we have now could be unrelated to that and once oAuth 2.0 goes in to effect it could be up to Fitbit developers to adapt or we might be back at square one again..

So a statement regarding third party hardware/platform compability would indeed go down well with me.

Do they, they as in Fitbit employees, read these forums? 

Have they made a statement about these issues/concerns previously perhaps?

Not active on social media so might have missed something.

Let's hope for a good solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My weights updated this morning, yay!  Anyone else?

Thanks to whoever fixed this!!! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine updated this morning as well!

Best Answer

Worked. Thanks everyone. 

Best Answer

Mine hasn't updated yet, but I haven't put in a new measurement since the beginning of the week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine retrieved all last week and today's data. Thanks for quick fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How are you getting it to retrieve data? Mine is putting new measurements in now but the ones for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are still missing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just synced my fitibt and all of mine came through.

Best Answer

Hello everyone! 

Thanks for sharing all of that information and what is going on over on Withings side. Hopefully this will be resolved soon and let all of you to continue using it as you were without any issues.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you out.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Looks like there is another issue. How do we address the account linking issue shown below?

Unable to authenticate Withings user. Withings server returned the following error: Unknown status code.

I was able to link my account a year ago, but I tried to link my wife's Fitbit account with her Withings profile and it didn't work.

Best Answer

Hello @Ludio.

As it has been mentioned before, it seems to be an issue that Withings is aware of and working on. I'd recommend that you try getting in touch with them directly so that they can help you checking into this.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Several of us have reached out to Withings. The linkage page is hosted on FitBit’s site so can someone from the FitBit team explain the error we are receiving? If you are calling their API can you check if perhaps it’s a deprecated version? As such an issue would need to be corrected on your end. I have a software development background and by assuming it’s Withings and not looking at FitBit’s back end as well as Withings side we the consumers will suffer.

Note: This error is on the FitBit hosted linking page.

Capture.PNG

Best Answer

i am getting the same error here. 

Best Answer