Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withings change to Oauth 2.0 Nokia / Withings Healthmate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I cannot get my Nokia(Withing) scale measurements imported with the fitbit tool.

https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings

It does access my account and I'm allowed to select a profile but there is an error when trying to download my data.

• Unable to download Withings data at this time. Withings server returned the following error: Cannot set value of the field additionalMeasurements Field: more

My email is correctly in lowercase as previous posts on this matter suggests.

Fails on both Crome and Edge browers.

Withings does not have any settings on https://healthmate.withings.com/ that seems to be of help.

I'm currently trying to use IFTTT.com to sync but so far it's been less than ideal. For example the weight is doubled when syncing which gave us a good laugh at first..

Pulling my hair over this, especially after reading a fair bit on this forum about syncing before buying the scale.

Is this because Withings is changing to oAuth 2.0?

If not, will it become an issue when they change?

Is it possible for a developer to take a second look at this Withings to Fitbit tool?

Here is some information from Withings regarding their API changes:

http://developer.withings.com/oauth2/release.html

http://developer.withings.com/oauth2/#tag/introduction

Any and all help that you have is most apprieciated.

This is a present for my wife and the Fitbit integration was a key selling point.

Shes using a Fitbit charge 3.

Thank you!

/Marlenes husband Ola 

Best Answer
135 REPLIES 135

Anyone got a solution yet, it’s been 5 days now, come on Fitbit let us know what’s going on.

Best Answer

@Brimmers.  I don't expect there to be a change on either the Fitbit or Withings side. 

Fitbit set up the connection to Withings scales back before it started selling its own scale in 2012.  Although it has never taken any steps to break the connection, it stopped advertising the Withings link years ago when the Aria came out.  Now that Withings has changed its API, I think those of us who want to link the services will have to rely on 3rd party apps.  Fitbit and Withings both make their money selling hardware, and neither has much incentive to promote any connection to a direct competitor. 

I set up an IFTTT link this morning.  It is free.  All it does is sync the weight reading (not the fat %), but that is good enough for fitbit to accurately estimate my daily calorie burn.  And I've always relied on TrendWeight (also free; see link in my signature) to analyze weight and fat percentage trends.   

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Baltoscott I’ve set up the IFTTT link and see if that works, do you need to put the measurements into my trend weight manually?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brimmers — once you link TrendWeight to your Withings account you can set it up to download your entire weight /body fat history (or less, like from when you start a new weight loss program if you want) and then view a moving average of that history over time.  Although it is free, if you like it there is a link on the settings page where you can send the developer a few bucks.  It is a labor of love for him and I imagine the donated $ don’t do much more than subsidize what it costs him to maintain the site. (He was not able to connect to Withings for a few weeks due to the new API, but he seems to have it working again now)

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

So you guys (Fitbit, Nokia) decided to break integration that has been working for 5 years.  Great customer service guys.  I should throw away both my Nokia scale and my Fitbit tracker and buy the Apple versions of both.  This thread is pathetic.

Best Answer

Well said @volta1!

ive reported the issue to withings and just got this response

“Thank you for contacting Withings Customer Support. I apologize if the data from your Withings account stopped syncing to your Fitbit account. I'd be glad to help.

Could you please try to unlink then relink your Withings account to Fitbit. Here's how:

To do this, please go to the Fitbit site https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings, start the connection wizard, enter your username and password.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you and have a nice day!”

i am not willing to unlink as others who have done this cannot re-link the accounts.

useless customer service from both FitBit and Withings

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll add myself to the list of people affected by this, and I already made the mistake of un-linking to try to re-link and now see the same message:

• Cannot link Withings profile at this time. Withings server returned the following error: Unknown status code.

Can someone from Fitbit provide an answer as to what is going on?

What setting or update did they apply 5 days ago to the API integration?

Has anyone in the latest outage been able to re-establish the link between the Withings / Nokia scale using the wizard at the following link:

https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings#

All in all, a fairly shambolic service it seems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this a solution? I JUST got my Fitbit and my Withings scale set up. Now I just need them to play nice together....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible with Nokia (Withings).  

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Yep, don't unlink.  I did and cannot re-link as others have pointed out.

Best Answer

I did not unlink. Did not Reset. This morning, all data from Withings came over to the Fitbit App. Don't know how long it will continue to function. This is the same thing that happened last December.

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit This has now been down for 8 days, when will it be fixed? I was advised by people on here and from Withings to unlink, I stupidly did this and can no longer link my accounts. How long can it take to fix this? Your customers are starting to lose patience with both you and Withings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's been working for me for a few days now. All the data from the missing days were synced up. Thanks.

In my case, I didn't Unlink my accounts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

Hello everyone.

Thanks for sharing your experience on the matter. As it has been mentioned our team is aware of the situation.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

If you have duplicated data, because maybe some added manually, others received from integrations, etc, you can clean all your data to reflect the source, by resync with WeightHub.

Best Regards

Best Answer

And it’s stopped working again!!

no data transfer for 2 days now, anyone else having problems?

Best Answer

Yes having the same issue again

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same, stopped working 2 days ago 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any news on a fix? Down for 5 days again!!

Best Answer
0 Votes