Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't sync with my fitness pal

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi I've tried to sync my charge that with mfp and it says on the mfp page that I am linked but none of the info shows up on either app. I've tried to join it through the fit bit ap too but no joy. Hoping you can help. Thanks
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi guys! Please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks a million for the help @Rich_LaueCat Very Happy

@TerriHope I would suggest tracking your food information with MFP and track your steps and workouts with your Fitbit tracker. As you're doing the activities but you'not getting steps in your tracker, please try the restart and make sure that you're Fitbit is syncing. Which device are you using to track your steps? Have you noticed if it is working all the time? I'll be waiting for your response!

@Tesseybear Thanks for advising the computer option to @Skr.phys. I'm glad that this worked!

Did you tried this steps to disconnect from MFP @Dsnyder141? After you disconnect both accounts make sure to reconnect them back, using a computer. Fitbit Blaze connects in the same way that Fitbit Surge, after you entered all your information in MFP; it transfers that data to your Fitbit Account. Please let me know if you have any other question.

I'll be around! Smiley Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
52 REPLIES 52

Welcome to the forums @Clareywee! I'll be glad to help on this. Smiley Happy

In this case, it's best if we link and unlink your MFP account from Fitbit. Here's how to do it:

1. Go to your Apps page and search at the middle right of the page for the apps you currently have linked.
  2. Select Fitbit tracker
  3. Click on Disconnect
  4. Log out of Fitbit and MFP. 
  5. Log back in
  6. Log into MyFitnessPal and click Apps.
  7. In the App Gallery, find Fitbit and click Connect.
  8. Click Allow to give MyFitnessPal access to your Fitbit data.
  9. Follow the instructions provided.

Also, please note that all food and water items must be logged through MFP and your steps, exercises, manual logs and other activities need to be logged through Fitbit; this will prevent any double logging or incorrectly increasing your caloric budget for the day. 

Let me know if you have any questions, happy holidays! Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

I've done this numerous  times and hasn't worked.  I have deleted both apps without success....what is next??

Best Answer

I am having the same problem and have done everything all the forums suggest end then some. This all began in early December after I let the app run an update. Its having a negative impact on my diet. I am so frustrated I am going to start shopping for a different device that will stay synched. This fit bit HR is nothing but a pain now.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to our new friends @1088jon and @granmom56! Please try the following steps to troubleshoot any syncing issues between these two app.

Revoke access from both Apps, try this on the computer. You will find the option "Revoke Access" on the Dashboard you can log in into your Fitbit Account here: Fitbit.com. Under "Settings" find the "Applications" to revoke access. Then log in into your MFP App and unlinked Fitbit from there too.  Then linked them again with the instructions above .

If you already tried the steps and your Fitbit is currently syncing, it's best to contact directly MFP since currently I haven't heard any issues from the Fitbit Dashboard.

Hope this helps, I'll around! Smiley Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Same issue....  unlinked all, relinked, did both on website and on phone....  getting frustrated... grrrr.....

Best Answer

I have been having this problem for months, have uninstalled it and reinstalled so many times, it use to work, now I am just super annoyed and about to pitch MFP, I can sync fine to my iphone and dashboard, so it is totally an MFP issue. 

Best Answer
Oddly mine just started working the other day. Think I had a update to MFP
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see you around @Sabbatage and @scubagal77! If you're still having syncing issues with MFP, just check that your Fitbit App is currently syncing and feel free to contact them directly to check your case. As @1088jon they might have information or updates to solve the issue! Smiley Embarassed

Have a great day and good luck with your Accounts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

It syncs with my phone, it says it connected, I have disonnected, logged out, reconnected, my MFP is up to date in apps, it will not show anything in the exercise section or calorie adjustment. It did previously, so I know what to look for, I have tried all the steps numberious times and nothing every shows up, even though it shows its conneted, I authorized all the data, etc...  it has been a known problem, it obviously isn't fixed. 

Best Answer

Me too. I'm having exactly the same problem after updates. Please help. 

Best Answer

Mine now works.  The only thing I did was delete both apps. Then went on a desktop and into MFP.  Disconnected the Fitbit, took away the rights to communicate.  Then I logged out and deleted all the cookies and history off desktop. Waited a bit. Then put both apps back on phone.   I opened Fitbit first and logged in.   Closed app and waited some more.  Opened MFP, logged in and it worked.  It must've been the magical sequence.  

Best Answer

Hope you're doing great guys! @1088jon I'm glad to know that it is now working for you. @Flobadob and @scubagal77 I think that sometimes there is connectivity issues and some others it's best to contact them. When Fitbit is syncing just fine but it is not connecting with MFP you can try @1088jon suggestion, which is pretty similar to the workaround suggested here in this previous post. Next step would be contact MFP directly, as I told you before it might be that the issue is directly from the App. Smiley Frustrated

Please keep me posted on the resolution! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I uninstalled both apps from my phone, unauthorized everywhere and started completely over. That worked.... I think it's more than just authorizations. Something must be in settings of the program. Deleting the actual app seems to give you a clean start.

-Brett
Best Answer

I am having same problem with my One.  I click disconnect and nothing happens and there is no revoke access. 

Best Answer

I tried that this morning - still no success😞

Best Answer

Great to see you around! @Sabbatage Thanks for the  feedback and I'm happy to know that this worked for you. I think the same but reconnecting both Apps seems to be the best workaround to re-sync them.

@Lb0456 You will find the revoke access in the Fitbit.com Dashboard > Setting (gear icon, see pic 1) >  Applications > Revoke access (see pic 2) . Trying those steps on the computer should work. 

Dashboard Settings.PNG

Revoke access.PNG

Also try unlinking MFP directly with this directions.

@Flobadob sorry to hear that! Did you try to contact MFP directly to see if they can further assist you? If your Fitbit isn't currently syncing I recommend contacting MFP.

I'll be around guys, have a lovely day!

Best Answer

I finally deleted both apps and reinstalled and that worked.  Thanks for trying to help! 

Best Answer

Thank you , mine now works after following what you did 

very happy now 

Best Answer

Hello @Tesseybear and @Lb0456! Hope you're enjoying your day. Thank you very much for posting how you fix this issue. It is of great help every time that you post your comments since they help other users to find possible solutions. Robot wink

If you have time after placing your suggestion, please check our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips for an active lifestyle, you might be interested in this topics: Marathon Training or How do you break out of your sedentary lifestyle?

Happy Stepping! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes