Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit and myfitnesspal do not agree on calories burned

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have synced myfitnesspal and fitbit but they don't agree on burned calories

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi, @Chilis42! The most likely reason is that since you're using a Charge 2 Fitbit factors in your heart rate for calorie burn and MFP is only using your BMR and adding in calories from steps.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm sorry, I think I stated that wrong they are not in agreement with my caloric intake from food...ie..I will log a meal into MFP .....it was say I have 500 calories left but fitbit will say I only have 200 or I went overbudget on my meal

Karen
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do the calories from meals (i.e., calories in) match? If so, I would guess it's still the same issue. Fitbit and MFP have different calorie burn predictors. How do they match up at the end of the day?

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @chili's I'm not sure if this post on MFP calorie discrepancy will apply, but take a look at it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Generally, at the end of the day I will be underbudget with MFP and overbudget with fitbit by 200-300 pts

Karen
Best Answer
0 Votes
Outstanding! I will try this and see if it works

Karen
Best Answer
0 Votes

Most people with a Fitbit and MFP use their Fitbit to keep track of their activities, and log food in MFP and let MFP dictate what to eat and if under / over budget. 

Fitbit is strictly used for the exercise side. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly what I have tried to do but it seems the calorie s on MFP are not accurate. I have not been losing any weight. So, I tried going by the calorie count on fitbit and it seems to be more accurate. I have actually dropped a few pounds

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Chilis42, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community. I've seen you have received great tips from @Rich_Laue and @MakMak.

Its nice to hear you have been losing some pounds and if you have more questions please let me know.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes