Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my dashboard show calories burned, but not steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went in to myfitnesspal today (I dont do it everyday) and noticed that my Flex was not syncing with it.  Went to my Flex dashboard and noticed no steps were showing.  Says it hasn't synced since 8/20 but it is showing calories burned today.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@pidnit A warm welcome to the Community! 

Dashboard will show calories burned but it's an estimated number of calories burned based on your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate), which we calculate using the height, weight, age, and gender information you provided us with when you set up your Fitbit account This doesn't mean that Flex is syncing to your Dashboard. 

Since, your Flex isn't syncing to your Dashboard please try this troubleshooting

Let me know if that does the trick Smiley Wink

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did all that before I came to the forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@pidnit If your tracker isn't syncing with your Dashboard and you already did that troubleshooting, please contact Customer Support  they will be happy to find a solution Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your help. I will do that. Although, according to other posts it could be Christmas before they get back to me. LOL
Best Answer
@pidnit  We are currently experiencing higher volume of inquiries than usual, and look forward to providing you with the highest quality care. Thanks for bearing with us Smiley Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes

I kinda have the same problem, but I wanted to make sure I get the correct answer for my trainer. My fitbit will show I burned 500 calories, but no steps, activity, and miles are not seen (nothing but burned calories). So how does it calculate the burned calories with out activity?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@roxy1321 Hey there!

Well, in the morning when you haven't synced your tracker to your Dashboard it will show an estimated number of calories burned based on your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate), which we calculate using the height, weight, age, and gender information you provided us with when you set up your Fitbit account. Once your tracker syncs to your Dashboard , Fitbit replaces your estimated calorie burn with your tracker's data  Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes