Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myfitnesspal - doubling

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have issues with the syncing with my fitness pal. I would like to carry on using it as the calorie logging is great but when I log my fitness it doubles up. Is there any way to make sure that when I log my fitness it goes into the activity log - so the 30 mins of exercise is attributed to a spin class?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the forums @fidgetgreen!  This is an odd situation but I'll be glad to help on this. Smiley Happy

In this case it's best to relink your MFP-> Fitbit accounts like this:

1. Go to your Apps page and search at the middle right of the page for the apps you currently have linked.
  2. Select Fitbit tracker
  3. Click on Disconnect
  4. Log out of Fitbit and MFP. 
  5. Log back in
  6. Log into MyFitnessPal and click Apps.
  7. In the App Gallery, find Fitbit and click Connect.
  8. Click Allow to give MyFitnessPal access to your Fitbit data.
  9. Follow the instructions provided.

A couple things to consider about your MFP - Fitbit Integration:

1. The accuracy of your Fitbit Log will depend on the accuracy of your MFP food logs.
  2. All exercises and non-step based activities must be logged through Fitbit, otherwise MFP will count them as double. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions Cat Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Where are you logging the activity? It should not be doubling up unless you are logging it in both apps, or both apps are connected to a 3rd app which is causing it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It doesn't matter if I log it via my fitness pal or fitbit. Either way it doubles up my active minutes. My active minutes are from my workout not in addition to it
Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @fidgetgreen!  This is an odd situation but I'll be glad to help on this. Smiley Happy

In this case it's best to relink your MFP-> Fitbit accounts like this:

1. Go to your Apps page and search at the middle right of the page for the apps you currently have linked.
  2. Select Fitbit tracker
  3. Click on Disconnect
  4. Log out of Fitbit and MFP. 
  5. Log back in
  6. Log into MyFitnessPal and click Apps.
  7. In the App Gallery, find Fitbit and click Connect.
  8. Click Allow to give MyFitnessPal access to your Fitbit data.
  9. Follow the instructions provided.

A couple things to consider about your MFP - Fitbit Integration:

1. The accuracy of your Fitbit Log will depend on the accuracy of your MFP food logs.
  2. All exercises and non-step based activities must be logged through Fitbit, otherwise MFP will count them as double. 

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem but these instructions do not work for me.  I did steps 1-6 (including 3 that said "disconnect") but when I logged back in to click on "Connect" it said "disconnect" & the Active Minutes on Fitbit are still double.  I tried it again & this time after disconnecting & logging out of both apps I deleted both apps then downloaded & logged in & it still says "disconnect" & the Active Minutes are still doubled.  Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Heathersr! Quick question, are you logging exercise through MyFitnessPal? If you are, please delete the logs, sync your fitbit and refresh your MFP dashboard. 

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am logging my exercise through MyFitnessPal.  Does this mean I will not be able to log them in MFP?  I would rather log in MFP & have it double in fitbit than not log in MFP.  I've been using that app for about 4 years & lost 55 pounds with it so I don't want to discontinue using it to log everything.  I was just hoping that I could find a way to log in MFP & not double in Fitbit.

Best Answer
Hi, I'm new to Fitbit but been using MFP for a long time. Yesterday I set my Fitbit Charge HR before and after an activity by pressing and holding the button down. After, I logged the activity in MFP and was prompted to give a start and finish time.
Today, my Fitbit activity log seems to have double counted it as there are 2 workouts logged for the same time period. One says Racketball (which is correct) the other just says Workout, same number of calories attributed for both.
In MFP, it's recorded the Racketball with the same calories burned as shown in my Fitbit app, but also a Fitbit calorie adjustment for a lower number of calories.
I think I can rely on MFP for total cals burned and activities done, but Fitbit seems to have double counted.
Is this a problem or have I misunderstood something?
Best Answer

Thank you for your responses @Heathersr and @Tykelass

@Heathersr We recommend that all food and water items must be logged through MFP and your steps, exercises, manual logs and other activities need to be logged through Fitbit; this will prevent any double logging or incorrectly increasing your caloric budget for the day. They connect seamlessly and transmit information between eachother so your caloric budget is on a continuous update. 

In @Tykelass' case, your SmartTrack kicked in and tracked your Racketball as a Workout. 

PS: Welcome to the forums @TykelassSmiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
The problem seems to have creeped up again..as of Thursday. Doubling up lunch, especially. I followed instructions sent by support and despite me disconnecting the apps (without having reconnected them), the data remains. It's frustrating when something tells you you've eaten over 2,000 calories but it's really less than half.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar issues. Although im not 100% sure whether it is double logging or not and i can't figure out if it is. So i have Fitbit app (using Charge HR) , I use myfitnesspal to log food and i use mapmyride app to track my cycling. So they are all linked. Once i have completed my cycle on mapmyride it syncs to MFP and this inturn syncs it to FB app which is all fine, as my fitbit recognises the time and puts my heart rate etc for this time. However on MFP you get the calorie adjustment based on your activity and exercise so for example if i go to yesterdays log in MFP at the exercise section its says:

'Bicycling, touring bike, 46 mins, 396 calories' then

'Under Armour Calorie Adjustment, Based on your measured activity, 912 calories' (this is the info from my Fitbit)  so a total of 1308 calories under exercise section, then if you click on the underarmour one it ives you a breakdown of how it got that number so it gives the following:
How we calculate your adjustment:

Under Armour Calories burned 3054 (this is a full day projection nased on calories urned as of 11.29pm)

MyFitness Pal Calories Burned 2142 (includes 396 calories from exercise, which is my bike)
Under Armour Calorie Adjustment = 912

So do you think the 1308 total calorie adjustment is counting the bike ride twice? once on its own and once in the adjustment?

Thanks in advance.

I hope someone can follow thiis Smiley Frustrated 

Best Answer

Thank you for your responses @allblack and @SusannaMoss! In this case I recommend to check if there's an update for the MyFitnessPal App as well as the Fitbit App for your mobile device

However, in your case @allblack; it's best to disable the 'Under Armour Calorie Adjustment' since it's duplicating your activity that has already been processed on the Fitbit Dashboard through MapMyRide. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, @HelenaFitbit, I figured how to make adjustments and sync, etc so the apps agree. Thanks.
Best Answer

That is excellent news @SusannaMoss! I'm glad to hear you are now back on track. 

Hope to see you around the forums! Smiley Very Happy

PS: Have you checked our Discussion boards? They are full of fellow fitbitters like you Cat Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having a similar problem! I log all my activity using my Fitbit surge or on the Fitbit app, the account is linked to MFP, it looks like it shares the information with MFP and then the Fitbit app picks it back up and enters it in my activity log. I then have to go back in and delete them, however it is doubling the active minutes and these do not adjust when you delete an activity???
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having a similar problem! I log all my activity using my Fitbit surge or on the Fitbit app, the account is linked to MFP, it looks like it shares the information with MFP and then the Fitbit app picks it back up and enters it in my activity log. I then have to go back in and delete them, however it is doubling the active minutes and these do not adjust when you delete an activity???
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah the doubling up seems a common problem so I stopped logging exercise on MFP and just let it sync with my Fitbit and pick up the extra calories earned.

But I still thing there's something not right there with the calories, as MFP can still show I have calories left to use, but at the same time Fitbit tells me I'm over budget.
Best Answer
@HelenaFitbit are there any updates on this problem. I am posting but don't seem to get any replies?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to see you around @Jojoflojo and @Tykelass. Keep in mind that if you have a MFP account and you are logging your activities there, it will transfer the information to your Fitbit account and it might double your information. I recommend logging your activities just in one account, Fitbit or MFP to avoid the duplicate information. 

See you around! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi @AlejandraFitbit
I only log my activities in Fitbit but I seems to only show that activities using GPS on MFP and then it copies this activity back into Fitbit ( usually my bike ride)
Best Answer