Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overestimating calories burned from walking in MFP - Calorie Adjustment

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm just getting back into weight loss and whatnot and have started using my fitbit again. However, I had some syncing issued with MFP (which I fixed by going to their website and disconnecting/reconnecting fitbit), but now it's showing that I burned 10,000 calories just by walking:

12.png

This is obviously is not correct.

For reference, this is what the fitbit app shows: 

11.png

What's going on? How is it showing that many calories from just walking? I checked all my info (height, weight, etc) on both and it's accurate. I have the Charge 2, if it matters, and I haven't entered in any activity from today on either app.

Moderator Edit: Word Choice / Updated Title For Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

Hello there @LavastormSW and @Baltoscott thank you for keep me posted.

I was looking that you were able to resolved this issue. I understand this was a frustrating to resolve @LavastormSW but I'm understand also like @Baltoscott mentioned that a minimum change in your profile may caused a huge difference in numbers, I never though that this could be the caused to be honest with you. Good to know and my apologies for not being able to help you to find the solution before.

Stay awesome everyone and keep participating in the Fitbit Community.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes