Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Another MyFitnessPal account has already been linked to this Fitbit accoun

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my fitbit has not been syncing with MFP so I went to trouble shoot and I am getting this message...

Another MyFitnessPal account has already been linked to this Fitbit account. Only one account may be linked at once.

how do i go about finding what email the fit bit is associated with this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

I'm not sure but I'm guessing it's your own and it thinks you're trying to link a second one?  Can you unlink and relink to make sure?  

Mary | USA

Fitbit One

Still seeking answers? The Fitbit help articles are a great place to look.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying to fix the same problem for two weeks since buying my Alta.  It's still not working.  This is actually the reason i quit using my flex.

I have revoked MFP's access according to the directions more than once.  It recognizes the new link because when it doesn't work and I go to revoke it again and it has a recent date on it.  I have revoked MFP's access a million times and I am about ready to return my device.  When it worked before, it was so helpful.  Would making a new MFP profile help?

Please help...

~Billie

Best Answer

@bporterfl I would suggest trying the steps I posted for relinking Fitbit and MFP. This error usually happens when the connection isn't unlinked from both sides, meaning you'll have to log into your MFP account and disconnect from there as well.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for such a quick reply but I do not have the option in the first
screen shot to "disconnect". Everything else looks familiar.

Regards,

~Still stuck
Best Answer

@bporterfl So when you go here, does it say "Connect" instead of "Disconnect"?

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it does... so I figured out the answer. I had logged on with Facebook
once so it created (or i probably did long ago) another profile. That had
the "disconnect" button. So how do I delete the unneeded profile? Thanks!
Best Answer

@bporterfl Another MFP profile? For that, I believe you can go to your settings and it should have the "Delete Account" option at the bottom. Just make sure it's the right one. Smiley Wink

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have deleted mfp previously so I cant do that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For what it's worth I had a similar problem to this - I previously had a MFP account that I linked to Fitbit, but at some point I deleted the MFP account completely. When I signed up for MFP again, despite trying to unlink MFP and Fitbit multiple times I kept getting the "This account is already linked to a Fitbit account".

My assumption is that when I deleted my MFP account, although the account itself was deleted the fact that it was linked to my Fitbit account was still stored in some server somewhere. Easy fix for this: contact MFP support and they deleted whatever remnants of the Fitbit profile were hanging around in their systems and I'm now correctly linked up with my new MFP account

Best Answer

Thanks uk_mal that leaves me hopeful for a fix. I will give it another try as the reply I received asked me to leave my device connected to my account until the problem is resolved..... I can't connect the device that is the problem I am trying to resolve! I have sent a reply to that response but have not heard back as of yet.  I have revoked access and have added again and it shows in my fitbit app as connected but MyFitnessPal on the other hand won't pick up the signal for some reason. I am open to suggestions as having these two talk to each other has been incredibly helpful to stay on track in the past and would like to resolve as soon as possible.  Thank you in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Trying to link my fitness pal with my Fitbit account comes up with already linked with my fitness pal how do I go about finding email associated with

Best Answer

Hi janfisher.  I logged in, went to contact and sent Fitbit a message explaining my problem.  They promptly responded back to me requesting my Fitbit ID which you can find at the top of your Fitbit dashboard.  This was the instructions they sent me:

How to provide your Fitbit ID

To find your ID please see the following:

- Log into the Fitbit Website (www.fitbit.com - this cannot be done from the app)

- Click on your profile photo

- Now copy the URL at the top and paste it into your message/reply. (It should look like this www.fitbit.com/user/*****

They were able to  into my login and release whatever hang up was creating the issue.  That was in June 2019, I have not had a problem since.

Hope that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

8CCE1185-7E5E-456F-91D2-7604C664E0E6.png

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps#_=_

I have done everything. Everything you suggested in this thread for the same issue. I did everything that MFP had suggested. It doesn’t seem to be a Fitbit issue (my opinion, connects with other apps no problem). I have done these all multiple times for 4 days on my phone and my PC.

I don’t know if it is an issue drone MFP or what but I am so frustrated. 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

Any other suggestions??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am facing the same issue. However, you may wanna try this

MFP has certain side apps like mapmyrun, mapmyfitness etc. Download one of these and connect you MFP account to these new apps. You can also link these new apps to fitbit. So in a way you have sort of made a chain of apps that are interlinked.

My MFP was not connected to any fitbit account before, I had the same issue - Another account linked to your fitbit crap. 

But now MFP shows connected to fitbit tracker. However, I am still waiting for it to update details on my fitbit dashboard.

Hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get a hold of their support?

Best Answer
0 Votes