Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weight watchers app questions about sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I sync my Fitbit with the Weight Watchers app. 3 questions:  1) There is a significant difference in the steps count between the Fitbit and the Pacer app I have used. There is a big difference in the resulting WW points when synced.  Is the wrist placement of the Fitbit the reason? 2) When selecting the WALK exercise activity, does the steps count continue as well?  When syncing with WW, this seems to cause "double counting."  3)Can the steps counter be paused?

Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @dmf1614, welcome aboard to our Fitbit Community! The wrist placement play an important part when you are recording your exercises. I recommend experimenting with how high you place the tracker on your wrist. When you're not exercising, wearing the tracker just above the wrist bone--as you would a watch--typically works fine. However, moving the tracker up a couple inches can be helpful during high-intensity exercises or exercises that cause you to bend your wrist frequently.

When you select the Walk activity, the steps come from your tracker's readings. So in other words, your tracker is continuously recording your steps. When the exercise is posted on your Dashboard history the information of steps regarding the period of your exercise is shared from your total step count.

With Weight Watcher it will give you point for your steps and for exercises logged in your Dashboard, duplicating the points due to WW does not differentiate that your steps are the same from your exercises.

To give you a straight answer; no, you are not able to pause the step count while you are recording your exercise on your tracker, since this is important for the accuracy of your exercise.

Regarding the point conversion I recommend to contact Weight Watcher customer support in case you would like to know more about this subject, since we are not able to access to this data.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes